4.6 Cobras : 3.73's or 4.10's???

• Sponsors (?)

I put 3.73s in my 00 GT and they worked great, and the car never felt like it was winding too high on the interstate, even at 80mph plus speeds. If it were me, I'd opt for 4.10s instead for a general purpose car. They do make a world of difference in the seat of the pants feel of the car.
With my recent upgrade to a 04 cobra, I really don't think the minor improvement of 3.73 would be noticeable over the 3.55s. So I'll probably stick with stock for now.

LW

LordWarlock said:
I put 3.73s in my 00 GT and they worked great, and the car never felt like it was winding too high on the interstate, even at 80mph plus speeds. If it were me, I'd opt for 4.10s instead for a general purpose car. They do make a world of difference in the seat of the pants feel of the car.
With my recent upgrade to a 04 cobra, I really don't think the minor improvement of 3.73 would be noticeable over the 3.55s. So I'll probably stick with stock for now.

LW

everything you stated is perfect...3.73s are great for the GT and the stockers are fine in the cobra unless you want more of a race car...though being a previous owner of many different geared 5.0's, 4.6's and a 4.6 cobra, for the pre 03 4.6 cobra, 4.10s are the ONLY way to go. they rev so high and make all their power up top that you wanna get there as quickly as you can...and it is SO worth it