4.6 Red Line

• Sponsors (?)

If your still running the stock rods and crank, I would say it is the same as before. While your engine may pull to a higher rpm, it might be more prone to breakage at these higher rpms. It should run pretty **** good tho!:nice:

its a small displacement V8. Naturally aspirated, the weak spot is your valvetrain. If you upgraded the springs then id say set the limiter at 6500. If not, id keep it to 6k especially with S2 Cams putting more strain on them, and more prone to floating at high rpm's.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I've wondered this myself. I shift at about 5800-5900 RPM's, but I DID have the valve springs replaced with comps when I had the cams installed. Would it be safe to rev higher, and if so, would there even be a benefit was shifting that high?

I would like to know what the red line is for a 4.6 GT With stage 2 1/2 heads, VT stage 2 cams, C&L Plenum, 75mm throttle body, SLP long tubes, 410 gears, under drive pulley and Diablo sport tune. Thanks

ask your tuner...

with the stock crank and rods? 6200... 6500 is the bleeding edge for the stock crank and i wouldnt feel safe doing that... if i ever do cams im setting my rev limiter for 6250 and shifting at 6100 prob...