4 soeed toplaoder question

• Sponsors (?)

What part of California are you in? Is the "Z" on a metal tag or cast into the case or tailshaft housing? If it's part of the casting, I'd suspect the trans is from a Mexican car. Does it say "Hecho en Mexico" anywhere on it? I've seen this cast into the trans itself or ink-stamped on the top cover.

it would have been fairly easy to figure out what trans it was if it still had the metal tag on it. I took it into a trans shop to have it rebuilt and I'm pretty sure that they took the tag off and didn't put it back on. When I took it in(well my father took it in for me. It's a shop that he deals with and has a good relationship with) They told him it was a brand that started with a Z he couldn't remember what it was exactly. I live in southern Cali in victorville.

hmmm it makes me wonder what exactly I have in there. Just from looking at the tranny it looks like a oem 4 speed. I put the tranny into the car so pics are going to be a little tricky, I could try though. The reason why I was trying to figure out what trans it was, is because I'm having a hell of a time installing the shift linkage. I believe it has hurst linkage but I'm having trouble hooking it up just right.