402 RWHP with just a K&N!!!

04sleeper

Founding Member
Jun 22, 2002
Dallas, TX
Well, its not a 5.0 but I was still impressed none the less.

Decided to Dyno the Cobra just to get a baseline before doing any mods.

The car is all stock save for a K&N FIPK.

Here is the dyno sheet. :)
34568.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

bdazzgt said:
Nice:nice: considering they are rated at 390:rolleyes:

Yeah, the engine is rated at 390, so for the cars to be putting down 400 *at the wheels* with nothing more than an aftermarket air filter is awesome. Ford has once again under rated a sweet engine.

04sleeper said:
True. I guess its good proof that they are under-rated.

If you multiply by 15% drivetrain loss it equates to about 462.185 flywheel HP.

Thats a lot of hp and to be totally streetable is awsome too, if i turn my ac on i have to watch the temp gauge like a hawk....modern technology:nice:

good numbers.

wait until you feel them pullied. i just got mine done this weekend and put down the numbers in my sig. i only got on it once though, due to the tune being pretty crappy.

281pony said:
good numbers.

wait until you feel them pullied. i just got mine done this weekend and put down the numbers in my sig. i only got on it once though, due to the tune being pretty crappy.
Thanks.

I will be doing a 2.80 pulley and SCT tune along with a Steeda catback soon. Just wanted to get a baseline before doing any work to it.

I need tires and IRS bushings first though. Going with 10.5 inch Chrome stockers in the rear with 315-35-17 Nitto DR's .:banana:

Already did the MM full length subframes, Billetflow diff brace and IRS brace.

Oh yeah, also MGW shifter. :D

I love the way this thing drives.

that pretty amazing, i know ford purposely underrated them to keep it under 400hp. If you have over 400 then its another hike in insurance. Most people i've seen have made 370ish right off the floor. for just a k&N putting down 402 is pretty sweet.:nice:

04sleeper said:
When it's stock it does.

When I put a pulley on it it will change. :nice:

That should hold me over until Mr. Whipple joins along for the ride.;)

Yea i noticed that on 281pony's numbers, i hope the prices on these things dont go up too much now that svt is gone, i still gotta get mine when i retire