5 lug conversion Ebrake modification

mineralgsvt

Founding Member
Nov 9, 2001
Carmel, IN
Ok, so my 5 lug changeover on my '89 is complete and wow! what a difference.

Now, I just need to get my ebrake working. I bought the 3 FMS cables and need to modify the Ebrake handle.

Will any 87-93 ebrake handle work with the 3 FMS cables? I've found a '93 handle that I was going to modify (hopefully send to Matt) but I noticed that the '93 used different cables (from Matt's site). Is that because of the Ebrake handle or ??

Oh yeah, my setup is Bullitt calipers front and rear, 93 cobra MC, North Cobra rear brackets with Fox length axles. Awesome braking!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm pretty sure that all 87-93 e-brake setups are the same. It's the '93 Cobra which is different, maybe your confusing that with a '93?

Whats wrogn with using your e-brake handle? You can't use it anyways, so why not just remove it, mod it, and install it? Thats what I did....

BlackFox5.0 said:
I'm pretty sure that all 87-93 e-brake setups are the same. It's the '93 Cobra which is different, maybe your confusing that with a '93?

Whats wrogn with using your e-brake handle? You can't use it anyways, so why not just remove it, mod it, and install it? Thats what I did....

Good point! Thanks.