5 lug drum-anyone know size or part #

• Sponsors (?)

Ok I have the drums off(removing the parking brake helps), and axle housing cover and seal off. Trying to find the guide where it shows how to remove the pin in there and get at the C-Clips, could any direct me to that?. My mechanic told me to be careful of the spider gears what does that mean?

Ok this is what I was looking for I think http://www.stangnet.com/tech/lug2.html any tips on this process? I need to remove the c-clip retainers with that funky screw?

Nothing specail is required. just spin it around till you see the cross bolt. It backs out with a 5/16 box end wrench. Then just slide the pin out. If you have posi the spring in the center keeps it all in place. I'm in the middle of this swap myself. I used the axle kit from summit that comes with bearings seals, and studs for $250 plus I get $20 in summit cash back. lol They claim to be 35% stronger than stock as well. Who knows on that.

Well I'm halfway done. I only have a very short 5/16ths wrench and I could just not get that retaining bolt out. Would putting the car in gear help because I had to have someone hold the axle otherwise it spins. Also once I get this all back together do I need to do anything more than hand tighten that bolt? Because it seems to be one there pretty good. Also what should I seal the gasket with? Sorry I'm asking a million questions but I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm also intending to write a guide with lots of pictures when I'm done. Thanks :):SNSign:

This thread and the posts have been very helpful.
I'm planning 5 lug drum rear/ 95 discs & spindles front when I build the 89. That way I can run wider wheels and not have to change out the rest of the system.
The tracks only about 10 miles from my house so I won't have many stops on the way.