$500 dollar race? would i win?

RiceEatingStang

Feb 25, 2003
West Linn Oregon
So i have a friend wi a 2001 9-3 veegan saab which is entirly stock. He says he wants to make a run from a 30mph pull up to 100-120. (note. this will be done in a legal safe enviornment.) :D I have an 88 GT inake exhaust mas air meter 4.10 gears. He runs apx a 14.5 on the track. I have beat him plenty of times on the track, but he says he can beat me on te freeway due to his upper end is supposedly just really strong. I beat him on the track before i did the gears. Does anyone think he has a chance to win the race or am i in he money?

• Sponsors (?)

sadly guys we raced it last night and it won...those things pull f*ing hard!!!! Randall and i both ran him to make sure it wasnt driver error...from 30 on he totally wins but from 50 on it's close at first then he starts pulling hard in 5th...i was sad to see the money go flying by...luckily both the boys didnt want to race for that much and ended up only losing 20. So unless you have a cobra dont try veegan!

ItsHisAndMine said:
sadly guys we raced it last night and it won...those things pull f*ing hard!!!! Randall and i both ran him to make sure it wasnt driver error...from 30 on he totally wins but from 50 on it's close at first then he starts pulling hard in 5th...i was sad to see the money go flying by...luckily both the boys didnt want to race for that much and ended up only losing 20. So unless you have a cobra dont try veegan!

Your Mustang is basically stock. Does it run 14's at the track? Hadn't both of you run at the track before? The SAAB's trap speed should have been significantly higher than yours to produce the results you described. Either the SAAB driver was letting-off at the track or you were forewarned. You need some additional go fast goodies. It wouldn't take much.