540hp and stock.............

mustangsally93

Sep 26, 2005
Omaha,NE
Well I got almost everything on and started to tune my pony. (list below) We started to tune just to get it started, Then we got side tracked... The point of this thread is that people have told me that stock 5.0 blocks can't take the power. ( I'm not try to start a fight here) But I think some of you have ****y tuner or tuning skills. I got the mega squrit so I throw the hole stock computer away. I have talked to people that have this mega squrit and they are making more power then me........... more to come after some army stuff i got to do now.........

• Sponsors (?)

mustangsally93 said:
Well I got almost everything on and started to tune my pony. (list below) We started to tune just to get it started, Then we got side tracked... The point of this thread is that people have told me that stock 5.0 blocks can't take the power. ( I'm not try to start a fight here) But I think some of you have ****y tuner or tuning skills. I got the mega squrit so I throw the hole stock computer away. I have talked to people that have this mega squrit and they are making more power then me........... more to come after some army stuff i got to do now.........

Don't bother. Just take really good pictures when you grenade the whole thing. I don't see the sense in another 5 page thread about how this guy or that guy put down One point twenty-one Gigahorsepower on his stock block with the turbonator and 28 lbs of boost. You've already been given the best advise on this subject available. Take it or don't bro. That's totally up to you.

Just me

mustangsally93 said:
:lol:

why do people think that just because in their case, the norm hasn't occured YET, that 1) it won't occur for them, or 2) that everyone who does have experience with said thing happening on here are full of ****??

good luck to O.P. but start savin for a new engine right now

Euphoric306 said:
why do people think that just because in their case, the norm hasn't occured YET, that 1) it won't occur for them, or 2) that everyone who does have experience with said thing happening on here are full of ****??

good luck to O.P. but start savin for a new engine right now
we just get to point and laugh when it DOES happen....it is not a matter of IF but WHEN!

Hwy guys I was just telling you guy what I'm up too!! If you want to be a hole go a head. I heard and seen what happenes to a stock block I'm just TELLING you guys what I'm doing. I know what happens, I'm plaining on buying the dart block in a while I'm not some dumb ricer kid with a mustang the car has only 29k for a 1993. So in point the car really never gets driven. I was just wanting to tell you guys whats up so in the furture, If or THEN it does you know what I did..... :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

well i can post up the pic, but thought i was like you at once, till i blew her up, no point telling you the story ill give you the cliffs.

BOOOM = 25 K later fast car :nice:

Making appropriate notations to self:

"mustangsally93 is running over 500hp with a stock block. I am making this notation just so I know for the future ... so I will know what he did"

Okay .. note made, thanks.

tunedin302 said:
Making appropriate notations to self:

"mustangsally93 is running over 500hp with a stock block. I am making this notation just so I know for the future ... so I will know what he did"

Okay .. note made, thanks.

:lol: :rlaugh:

We all know Ford didnt design a 302 to withstand 500+ rwhp, prob not even 300rwhp, I think it also depends mainly on how someone drives it. My friends blown notch, Ttrim, afr205s, methanol injection ,etc. pushed 617rwhp on the dyno once with the stock block (except for main girdle(whoop de doo)) and he detuned it to 515rwhp for street use and its been fine (so far anyway), but hes not dumb about it also, he also has a BONE STOCK t-5 with Spec 3 clutch and Slicks and it shifts perfectly, I think he has some mustang angel over him or something :shrug: :nice:

As already said above, it's not if it will blow up, it's when. I've been pushing over 500 to the wheels for about 5 months. The car has had 2 1/4 mile passes, about 6 1/8 mile passes, and some showoff burnouts here and there. I don't beat on my car very much and my tune is conservative. I gaurantee you that your block will probably outlast your trans though. Mine is crying bloody murder right now.

LOL!!

im on both sides of the fence.... if you have too much frosting the cake is gonna suck... however in that defese your right at some point it will blow but so will a stocker if you give it long enough.... i think sally maybe speeding up the process....

WOW!!!!! I started this thread just to say what I'm doing now. I never known the block would brake before I got on this site, (three months ago,when the car was bone stock) and then looked around for my self. I got the number of what my car could push out from mags, other guys on this site and others. I know it could and....well brake. I was only wanting to see what you guys thought. Not you have my peers think I'm a dumb s@#T for what I'm doing!! Again I just want to see what you thought NOT to be called stupid. Thanks to the guys who wanted to help. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

your NOVi 2000 puts out about the same as my YSI, ooohh ok here's the pic
IMAG0110.jpg

under 5k rpm around 550hp valley girdle and lower girdle, Zero ballanced internals.

K aboooooooMMMMMMMMMM

Attachments

• IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 57