'65 project engine indecision

iamblackjack

Sep 4, 2004
I had originally planned to building a 427W for my car. I've started considering a DOHC Mod motor though. I looked through the SN calssifieds. I found a guy selling a 4.6 crate motor, '03, S/C'd, with the 6-speed for $9500. I also found a pretty good deal on a 327 (302) form D&D Motorsports. He boast 430hp. Either way, I want to put a 6-speed in it.

Can ya'll help me out with my confusion?

What's the best way to go? Old skool, new skool?

Kirk.

• Sponsors (?)

really about not fitting? honestly i know nothing about it. the 4.6 is bigger than a 289 or a 302? i thought the 4.6 was the same size as the 289 and 302. also, back in 2000 or so, ford motorsport was selling crate engines in the back of hot rod magazine, 550 hp for about 5000k. i am quite sure that one wouldn't fit though, without modification. again, i know nothing.

iamblackjack said:
I had originally planned to building a 427W for my car. I've started considering a DOHC Mod motor though. I looked through the SN calssifieds. I found a guy selling a 4.6 crate motor, '03, S/C'd, with the 6-speed for $9500. I also found a pretty good deal on a 327 (302) form D&D Motorsports. He boast 430hp. Either way, I want to put a 6-speed in it.

Can ya'll help me out with my confusion?

What's the best way to go? Old skool, new skool?

Kirk.

what are you building the car for? Street,track,1/4mile, dailey driver?

I've put an IFS from Scott's Hot Rods in it. I should have plenty of room.

I'm probly going to be driving the car 98% on the street.

I'm just more used to the old motors. Fuel, Spark,....simple, ya know. I can fix just about any thing one the old ones with a Crecent wrench and a screw driver on the side of the road.

Fuel injection, computers, superchanrgers......I could go :banana: s

I'm leaning towards the Old School. Maybe I'm just Screered.

Kirk.

iamblackjack said:
I've put an IFS from Scott's Hot Rods in it. I should have plenty of room.

I'm probly going to be driving the car 98% on the street.

I'm just more used to the old motors. Fuel, Spark,....simple, ya know. I can fix just about any thing one the old ones with a Crecent wrench and a screw driver on the side of the road.

Fuel injection, computers, superchanrgers......I could go :banana: s

I'm leaning towards the Old School. Maybe I'm just Screered.

Kirk.

Then you answered your own question, if you can fix the old stuff yourself, go with the old stuff. The less aggrivation the better :D