67 console differences ?

More to the saga...
I just recieved a full(unhacked console) and can definatively state that it will not fit inplace with the floor vent that I have..
Also just for info.
Since I thought no one made a reproduction of this specific console, and since there are more of these on the road than 65-66's. I was working on making a reproduction myself. Much to my dissapointment I just recently discovered that classicautosupply.net sells a completly reproduction console(all pieces reproduction) for $900. They dont sell the base alone...yet. (This is the same console that you see on ebay with a buyitnow for$950).
Unfortunately I have purchased 4 console bases off of ebay in the past several months that I am using for patterns for the molds and now considering scrapping the project and just restoring/selling the console bases that I have purchased. I guess I should find/reproduce the floor vent since that looks like a piece folks will need to keep from hacking good consoles.

• Sponsors (?)

More useless dribble about 67 consoles:
After seeing that the floor vent gets in the way of installing a full sided console I did further research and discovered that there are indeed two different floor vents.
The Jim Osborn Electrical Assembly manual not only shows this but gives part numbers and the most interesting find is that there is an asterik by the console version and it states "Console to be trimmed both sides at back of glove box prior to installation of C7ZA-18C306-C register. I further spoke with some nice folks at Mustang Coral who had one of these vents and lots of knowledge about such. They measured it for me and it is about 1" shorter and narrower than the non-console version with very little taper.

I then removed the vent and attempted to mount the full sided console. To my surprise the passenger side ear hits the A/C box at the blower connection. The passenger side WILL NOT fit without triming.

So now I REALLY would like a picture or comment from someone with a factory A/C console car that can tell me IF their console is trimmed all the way back to the storage box on one or both sides.
(Will this story every end:shrug: )

I realize it is an old thread, but it does come up in Google searches...
Just to add some clarity on this,
I have a 1967 Mustang with A/C and I added a lower console, an uncut 1967 (NON A/C) and it fit without cutting. Drove the car for a few years, no problem. Something required me to replace the under dash A/C box. ( I think I cracked the fiberglass, but its been 25 years, so no telling for sure...)
Went to a wrecking yard and gave them $50 and got another one.
I think the original(what was there when I bought the car) that I broke was a 1968(thanks to a PO), and the new one was a 1967.
Tried to put the new box in the car, and now the console doesn't fit..... had to notch the passenger side plastic near the A/C box so it would fit.
Brought that up because one person said they had a uncut '68 console with factory A/C and console fits. And then mipdeals said his uncut console wouldn't fit with A/C in his 1967.
Pretty sure the A/C box is different enough that the 1968 box will fit..

Thanks for the update Denonito. What you said makes sense.

I've also noted that the aftermarket consoles for sale these days say "will not fit 1967 with factory AC", I assume that is because they are not notched.