67 Coupe GT Fox Body seat sliders?

Hi all, well I picked up a pair of fox body '90 seats with the electric lumbar, knee bolsters, etc. in red to match my red int. (makes it hard to find swap seats). I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to mount them seat track wise. I'm 6'1" so I want to get as much rear room as possible at the expense of close up space. I can't weld so what is a seat track solution others have come up with? I don't want to lower the floor pans, the height is fine and the floors are original with no rust.

The '90 tracks floor holes are ~14" frt.-back vs. the '67 11" apart studs. I drilled an extra hole at 11" but when I put a bolt in the '90's I don't get full frt. to back slide and am closer to the wheel than I'd like.

If I try to use the '67's I'll have to fab something to mount them to the '90 seat bottoms as they come up way short and don't look like they'd be enough support to keep the tracks from breaking in a collision, most of the rear of the seat hangs off unsupported.

Thanks for any ideas, I'll try to post some pics to see if we can brainstorm.
Thanks, Jon

• Sponsors (?)

That was original option I was trying. I've removed (drilled out the rivets) the risers from the '90 Fox seats that hold the seat too high and have just the slider part attached to the seat.
I tried mounting the front hole first but then can't mount a bolt at the rear (11" from front hole) because it will intefere with the slider movement.
I tried mounting the rear hole first and drilled/mounted a bolt at the front 11" forward from rear but that puts the seat too far forward.
If I use the '67 sliders I've got to come up with a solid way to mount them to the '90 seats that will support the longer depth of the '90 seats. Is there a trick to this?
Jon

All of my experience with this is using SN95 and up seats in classics. They should be about the same as teh fox seats. Here is what I got for you.

There have been two ways I have seen it done. DodgeStang (not sure if he is on this forum) did it this way http://www.dodgestang.com/March2003.htm and i saw a thread somewhere else where I saw someone keep the new model sliders. What they did was weld on cross bars to the bottom of the newer seat tracks. They did this to match the location of the existing mounting holes in the seat riser of the 60's stang and just put the bolts on that cross bar where they needed to be. If I can find the link I will post it, but I am having trouble remembering the topic. Hope the brief explanation will at least help you on your way.

I personally followed PJx5x' method http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=634678 and it worked out great. I just need to find time to finish it up and I will post a nice thread showing what was done.

-Edgar