67 mustang i found to restore is it worth it?

foxbody_gt

Dec 17, 2007
st.thomas on
want to know what you guys think found this 67 fastback for sale wanna know if it would be worth it or not to buy ive been wanting to find an old mustang to restore well this one has no engine or tranny but has a full interior and what you see in the pics he wants $3800 canadian or best offer what you think is it worth it or no???

Attachments

• 3722_20.jpg
    3722_20.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 277
  • 3826_20.jpg
    3826_20.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Sponsors (?)

thanks for the input guys i figured it was alittle much for it in that shape it needs a full restoration as in one that would prob cost me a lot in the long run but def something to play around with....ill keep my eye on it the car is also 6 hours away from where i live too which is a bit far but if the price ends up being right then why not!

there's a 67 fastback right next to where i live which has been just painted pearl white. there's no motor or tranny but it's got some sparco seats and a new dash, carpet, new rear seat, new headliner, new suspension, american racing chrome billets, new wiring throughout and new stereo system. all for only $15,000

you are looking at something like $3000 worth of sheetmetal that needs replacing, at least, and the labor on that is going to be expensive if you have it done. i say unless you can get that car cheap, like $300-500 at most, take a pass and find something that is more intact.

i agree with all of you for sure i actually emailed the guy and said $500 and im being generous because your stang needs a ton of work and he replyed back saying your right it does need alot of work but for that price id keep it in my shed or scrap it...im like ok go ahead and keep it in your shed untill it rots away and you get nothing for it :nice:

ya got to wonder how did he arrive at that price ???????? ............ LOL .

Red93 .............. that's an interesting car for sale .................... seems weird to have all that new stuff ,even a new stereo system and no engine or tranny ?????? ................. seems like a backward order of restoration steps .............. LOL

Does he know the price of scrap? He'll pay more to haul it away than what he gets for scrap!
$500 is generous.
Maybe you'll get lucky, and get more when you part it out! The glass might be original!

'67 Fastbacks are my favorite all-time Mustang!

Having said that...... no way. For $3800; you're buying the VIN tag (if it's still there), the back glass, and maybe the tailight assemblies. Pretty much everything else is gonna be replaced. The guy should be ashamed of letting it go that far; and even more ashamed of trying to take advantage of somebody with that sale.

For what you're going to pay in parts and labor on making that rusty shell into a viable chunk of metal to make into a car; you could be an entire re-pop body, already assembled and no rust. Lots of controversy in that idea; people claiming it wouldn't be a "real" Mustang - but, with all the new (re-pop) sheetmetal that you'd need on the shell in the picture, very little of the "real Mustang" would be left when you're done.
Something to think about.

ya im not buying that car at all and prob not any old mustang since i cant afford one thats in good condition because around here if someone has a real 67 mustang in good shape you wont find one around here for under $20,000 so im just gonna be looking for a decent 87-93 5.0L GT my other favorite stang.....good luck to me:nice:

I know that the price of fastbacks has gone up but thats way too much. About 10 years ago I almost bought a 67 Fastback that was 80-90 percent restored for 3800 dollars. Man, I wish I could have gotten it. It took me too long to pool the money for it and they sold it. My Dad knew the owners and it was indeed a very nice car. It just needed a handful of small things to be finished.

That fastback in the picture is not worth more than 500 to 800 dollars tops. Does it have any extra or new parts that come with it?

It really is a shame to see one in such poor shape. Hopefully someone will bring it back to life.