67 stang with 91 moto n trani

I have a 67 stang with a 351w and I would like to replace it with a 302 motor and trani from a 91 stang. the 302 feuls system will be replaced by a 650 cfm edelbrook carb. so????? will I need a computer fro the trani and how will I do this. any ideas will help

• Sponsors (?)

I know the T-5 is a smiggen longer than the c4 and toploader. but the 302 block is the same except for the roller cam. all other 302 carburated things should fit on. I dont think ive heard of t-5 needing a computer if you are going with a t-5, you didnt say.

the only time you would need a computer for the tranny is if you were using a 94-later AODE. on the 94-later t-5's the speedo is run by the computer because the trans doesn't have a speedo gear it has a magnetic wheel that tells the computer how many rpms the output shaft is spinning, but they can be retrofitted with a speedo gear, it is possible that the output shaft might need to be changed as well, but i doubt it. in any case you shouldn't have anything to worry about since you'll be using a 91 tranny