73mm caliper upgrade on 88 GT got a ? about MC

• Sponsors (?)

Bigger calipers with bigger pistons = more fluid needed to make them work. You will need the bigger MC. If you don't you may not have enough pedal to get the brakes to work correctly.

I am using a 95 GT MC & one of Matt90GT's fitting kits. Works great, and I have had no problems.

So you guys kept the stock booster and just replaced the MC?

I'm thinking about going with one a Rebuilt master cylinder from a 1986 Lincoln. part # R105806. From what I understand this is basically the SVO unit. It features a larger bore (1.125" vs 0.827") and steel pistons.

Matt90gt's site isn't working some I"m kinda out of luck to see what else will work.

I started working on the car today. I got the master cylinder but it doesn't have the plastic resevour for the brake fluid attached to it. I bought it from autozone. I figured the stock one from the other MC would work, but It doesn't. Shouldn't the new one come with the resevour attached already? So without that I'm basically stuck. Cannot bench bleed the MC w/o it so I can't put it into the car until that's done. That's problem #1. Problem #2 is that my old MC had 3 ports for lines (2 on the side and one on the bottom) This 94 gt MC only has 2 ports on the side. What did you guys do to reconfigure the lines to make this work? I assumed you kept everything else stock and just changed the MC itself?

This is the 3-2 conversion I used on my other car when I installed a line lock (however my other car already had a 2 port mc). I'm guessing this is the same thing I'm supposed to do when I swap the MC from a 3 port to 2 port right?
llsketch.jpg

Now I just need to find out which lines are which. My other car has a little different setup so I'm not sure. The line that connected directly into the underside of the MC is for? and the two lines that run from the side of the MC to the proportioning valve are? I'm having a hard time tracing them. I have a spare line lock so I'll do the 3-2 conversion that way.