Progress Thread 79 Capri / Mustang aka PsychoBilly

I guess you draw the line at offering your opinion on what's in bad taste at head lights, and tail lights for these cars then?
In other words...you can put an LS in the car, but please don't put those hideous tail lights on it too?
Damn right.

Never said someone can’t give an opinion. It’s not up to me to ultimately decide what goes on somebody’s car.

• Sponsors (?)

Damn right.

Never said someone can’t give an opinion. It’s not up to me to ultimately decide what goes on somebody’s car.
And what do you think is going on here that's any different? The whole forum interaction thing here is based on opinions.
"What color should I paint my car", "What muffler do y'all use", "which Ecu is best", etc, etc, etc....anybody who posts up anything here is gonna get an opinion,...whether they asked for it or not.

And what do you think is going on here that's any different? The whole forum interaction thing here is based on opinions.
"What color should I paint my car", "What muffler do y'all use", "which Ecu is best", etc, etc, etc....anybody who posts up anything here is gonna get an opinion,...whether they asked for it or not.
Yes they are, you’re correct.

Better?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Dang... a guy goes racing for one day and come back to a battle royal....

Thanks for the opinions.... I truly respect them all. I won't get in a pissing match with haters. I have better things to do with my time. If you don't like the build or where its headed... don't follow the thread simple as that. With that being said I do still have the Ford Kmember and it may find Ford power one day but not until I play with the LS on some boost.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I hope you’re not looking to get one of these any time soon. I Was looking into getting a couple of these systems for a 53 Cadillac and 68 firebird a guy wants a couple ls engines swapped in, but they’re almost impossible to get. Holley keeps pushing the dates back.

Car looks good though, looking forward to seeing it done up. Ls it if you want, your car. Don’t build it to suit other people’s tastes.
Thanks. Yeah a buddy if mine ordered his when they were released and got it last month. I have been reading up on the Megasquirt and may go that route.

I still have a good bit of work before I get to the efi... Hopefully Holley will be caught up by then if I decide to go that route.

I never have cared what other people thought and sure don't now at this point in my life. Some folks cant think outside the box.... I live there lol.

I surely can think outside the box! I just would not do that to a rare car. You can choose to if you wish just don't say I'm a 'hater'. I am all for the 'dare to be different' mindset, I have seen too many rare cars turned to crap because of hacks that didn't know what they were getting into.
You do sound like you have somewhat of a plan and I would hope and feel that you will do a tasteful job of swapping in the LS engine.
And I will be following this thread to see how this goes.

I surely can think outside the box! I just would not do that to a rare car. You can choose to if you wish just don't say I'm a 'hater'. I am all for the 'dare to be different' mindset, I have seen too many rare cars turned to crap because of hacks that didn't know what they were getting into.
You do sound like you have somewhat of a plan and I would hope and feel that you will do a tasteful job of swapping in the LS engine.
And I will be following this thread to see how this goes.
This car isnt that rare... if it would have been a RS etc it would have stayed a Capri. The front and rear bumpers were toast and the interior was pretty much in shambles.

I hope I don't let you down with the swap... I have some pretty cool plans.

EcoBoost is outside the box a i6 barracuda from Australia is outside the box..
Every other car at the last cruise in I went to had an LS swap, that's about as middle of the box as a 5.0

But meh sheep life.

I jest, kinda.

I'll follow along, I like different that's why I built my own custom pd blower setup. Not a single one like it anywhere.

Reactions: 1 users
Here's a couple

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190701-094947_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190701-094947_Instagram.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20190701-094905_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190701-094905_Instagram.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 148
Had a minor setback during the ASP install... If you are running this rod check yours. Only had surface weld, no penetration. This happened with hand cycling a dry master cylinder

Attachments

• aspfailure.jpg
    aspfailure.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Wow