Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I like those wheels as long as you put them on the right side of the car. Nothing worse than seeing cobra wheels spin backwards. I remember when the knock offs weren't side specific. That crap got on my nerves every time I saw them.

Reactions: 4 users
From Jeff's way back time machine thread. They do look Good!:nice:
IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
I think so. For a while at least.
Yeahhh,..now that I think of it....You being the JY scroungin' individual that you are, should be able to find some pitiful 6 cyl SN car in that yard where your owner will let you get some front rotors, calipers, and spindles,...then a ranger/aerostar to pirate the rear axles and drums out/off of.

The red car started w/ 4 lug wheels. I purchased a set of 17" Pony R's w/ tires for a price similar to what you've been linking for the Cobra turbine wheel/tire pkg.

Then I changed the wheels at a later time to the custom C/L set that were last on the car when I sold it.

I got killed on the used Pony R's,...and on top of that,...hemorrhaged money on the 5 lug swap before having to rob a bank to pay for the wheels...(Because in a lot of cases,...when a large percentage convert their wheels over to 5 lug,...the wheels they choose are NOT the average Chinee knock off versions)

If a 5 lug swap, w/ ALL of the reasons for doing that is part of your grand plan,...consider how much you're gonna lose then,..and act accordingly.

Or conversely,..keep the existing 4 lug system,...get the Cobra wheels, and just start giving yourself an extra block to slow down.

or..

Keep the V-6,....You'll never get going fast enough for that to be a problem.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeahhh,..now that I think of it....You being the JY scroungin' individual that you are, should be able to find some pitiful SN car in that yard where your owner will let you get some front rotors, calipers, and spindles,...then a ranger/aerostar to pilot the rear axles and drums out/off of.

The red car started w/ 4 lug wheels. I purchased a set of 17" Pony R's w/ tires for a price similar to what you've been linking for the Cobra turbine wheels...

Then I changed the wheels at a later time to the custom C/L set that were last on the car when I sold it.

I got killed on the used Pony R's,...and on top of that,...hemorrhaged money on the 5 lug swap before having to rob a bank to pay for the wheels...(Because in a lot of cases,...when a large percentage convert their wheels over to 5 lug,...the wheels they choose are NOT the average Chinee knock off versions)

If a 5 lug swap, w/ ALL of the reasons for doing that is part of your grand plan,...consider how much you're gonna lose then,..and act accordingly.

Or conversely,..keep the existing 4 lug system,...get the Cobra wheels, and just start giving yourself an extra block to slow down.

or..

Keep the V-6,....You'll never get going fast enough for that to be a problem.
This. You're going to eat your shirt unloading 4 lug wheels. Buy once. A jy swap would probably be under 150 dollars if you keep the rear drums.

Status
Not open for further replies.