Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Chris, tell me about it!

Mike and I were working on the monster and Mike was playing some music while we were in his basement.

My ears ring non-stop, they have since a small incident while i was in the Army 30 some odd years ago. I need to have an offset of somesorts.

So we're listening to some decent '70's tunes while working away on the GM (Ironic initials there Mike) and the next tune comes on......I started smiling a bit, then a bit more, then i started chuckling. Mike sees me and asks what's up? I tell him nothing at all. Then I start bobbing to the left and right while sanding and singing, "Oh Claire...."

Ironically (again), it's a fond memory of working with Mike. In spite of the silly political stuff, Mike really is an enjoyable person to hang out with

You do realize that nobody believes you.......Don't you Dave?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So, more little stuff.

I got the seat belt b-pillar bolt caps painted black.
IMG_2687.JPG

I did a little bodywork on the left rocker moulding and got it in etch and primer. I also filled that hole that the po rammed a screw through to hold the back end of the passenger moulding. It'll get the mud/primer treatment tomorrow.
IMG_2686.JPG

AND.....I tore the instrument panel down. It has three pieces broken off of it. I'll take this a section at a time repairing it. It'll probably be about a week before it sees the primer stage. Once this panel is done, i will finally get the driver's door.
IMG_2684.JPG
IMG_2685.JPG

I got a question for you now, look at these next pictures, is that the amp switch on the premium sound system? It's in the correct place I believe. It wasn't connected when I removed the IP. The amp was there in the middle of the dash with an original harness connected to it.
IMG_2681.JPG
IMG_2682.JPG

BTW, I removed the frame of the IP and will sand it down and paint it black too.

Status
Not open for further replies.