Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

That 408 flange should be a square bore 4150... the Holley EFI Sniper system should bolt right to that intake.

I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. Every carburerted aftermarket intake I've worked on had 4150 bolt pattern.

Despite the fact that I just posted a poke about something similar on my thread, I think if you can get that engine and the related peripherals you posted pics of you should spin on your heels 180 degrees from the SC engine, and go with it.

When my dad died, his new wife did her level best to keep me away from the garage where his tools were. All I would've wanted was some enduring tool to serve as a memento. So, The sentimental aspects are reason enough to switch your plans over, and a n/a big Windsor will check off so many boxes for you, and stay uncluttered, and uncomplicated when it comes time to turn the key.

As for the fogger....Who cares if it's a street car? If you're not gonna run a forced induction power adder, nothing quite says " I got something for that ass" quite like a pro-shot fogger.

I'd keep it...there will come a day when N/A isn't enough...it happens with everybody with a turbo/blower: ...7 psi, gives way to 10 psi,..then to 12, 15.... Right up until the engine goes.......boom.
Just apply this mentality to your thought process:

Too much is just right.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
FYI you can put the fuel injectors anywhere you want really..... the holley system is just a glorified TBI....
You can add the injector bungs easily, if i can do it you can make it look like a nasa engineer did it. It all depends on what you want to spend/do.
If you want sequential injection you will have to go with port injection, however it is not necessary. distributor or coils? want to be able to control things like fans? want to set the nitrous up with the program? ect ect.....
Im not certain but i think you could use MPFI if you didnt want to do too much welding. It is what i would have used on the blower project if not for the cost... however you will not need to buy rails and can hide the main body under the intake plenum...
pricey on this site
https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/us-euro-high-performance-fuel-injectors/chevrolet
Much more reasonable here..... wish i would have found these guys 8 months ago.
http://www.wynjammer.com/Vortec_Fuel_Injection_System.html

just a thought and trying to expand the options you have.....

If you do decide to go with this 408 and need an elbow for it i uhhhh *cough* have one on the shelf.

Reactions: 1 user
FYI you can put the fuel injectors anywhere you want really..... the holley system is just a glorified TBI....
You can add the injector bungs easily, if i can do it you can make it look like a nasa engineer did it. It all depends on what you want to spend/do.
If you want sequential injection you will have to go with port injection, however it is not necessary. distributor or coils? want to be able to control things like fans? want to set the nitrous up with the program? ect ect.....
Im not certain but i think you could use MPFI if you didnt want to do too much welding. It is what i would have used on the blower project if not for the cost... however you will not need to buy rails and can hide the main body under the intake plenum...
pricey on this site
https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/us-euro-high-performance-fuel-injectors/chevrolet
Much more reasonable here..... wish i would have found these guys 8 months ago.
http://www.wynjammer.com/Vortec_Fuel_Injection_System.html

just a thought and trying to expand the options you have.....

If you do decide to go with this 408 and need an elbow for it i uhhhh *cough* have one on the shelf.
Same dream as the sc engine, cnp.

I’m not going to get too excited until I load the engine in the back of my truck.

One of the first things will be to tear it down to see what I would actually have.

Then, roller cam and lifters. The AFR heads will be going onto the block.

The whole engine will get a serious cleaning up and prettying up too.

• Agree
Go for it, Dave !!!!

Ultimately, it's all up to you. Ms wiuld run that engine easily....especially NA....and all the nitrous stuff is in the program ready to be used.

• Agree
That in itself excites me. I cant wait to see a V8 engine freshly painted by you.
I want to do something special to it. I guess my brother just sprayed some black on it at one time.

I know what these engines sound like, sexy as hell. I just want to pop the hood and have it look as sweet as it sounds.

Those headers shouldn't be too much for that engine. I know a few folks that run 2 inch headers around here on the street.

What was your brothers favorite color ?

Regular ole black doesn't seem like a color you'd enjoy. It's got to have a hint of that green you put on the emblem somewhere. Medium metallic grey would look good against the blue you've been working with.

Those headers shouldn't be too much for that engine. I know a few folks that run 2 inch headers around here on the street.

What was your brothers favorite color ?

Regular ole black doesn't seem like a color you'd enjoy. It's got to have a hint of that green you put on the emblem somewhere. Medium metallic grey would look good against the blue you've been working with.
His favorite color was the red i sprayed on Doby hands down.

I like the hookers. It may not be exactly the best for every drop of power, but then I don't need every last drop this engine would squeeze out. I just want it to have decent street manners. I'll get a custom cam from Ed or Brian or someone.

Reactions: 1 users
Dave, my sincere condolences for your loss. My best friend is going through the same thing. They did the surgery and all the other things they experiment with.

Good luck on the build and that 408 would be a beast.

Dave, my sincere condolences for your loss. My best friend is going through the same thing. They did the surgery and all the other things they experiment with.

Good luck on the build and that 408 would be a beast.
Thanks Todd, I'm sorry to hear about your friend though. My best wishes to him and you.

What do y’all think of those headers, btw. 2” too big or just right?
When I was a Young man, I had a set of Doug Thorley 2 inch long tubes bolted to some kinda Eddy heads on a stock 80’s F150 302 that I dropped in my Capri-it ran well enough to kill a T-5 lol
I want to do something special to it. I guess my brother just sprayed some black on it at one time.

I know what these engines sound like, sexy as hell. I just want to pop the hood and have it look as sweet as it sounds.
That grey color you used for Doby’s stripe is a Gorgeous color imo.
I know what ever you decide on will be great dave

Status
Not open for further replies.