Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I built my front bumper using the 8115 as Dave suggested, and its awesome stuff. Bumper seems like its one solid piece.

20170507_220114.jpg
20180412_160818.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Hey Dave, just getting caught up. Been in Bali Indonesia for the last 2 1/2 weeks...yeah, with the earthquakes. That was fun......(not really). Anyway, the underside of the car where the rear end housing sits looks pretty solid! I'm glad it's you not me cleaning that mess! Looking good man, really good!

Chris

Reactions: 1 users
I finally got them ordered! (Maximum Motorsports) Only $145 with our discount.
IMG_0861.JPG

Here's another plus, look what we have in the shop! I was told I can use it anytime I want.
IMG_4612.JPG

I also got the thumbs up:nice: on bringing Booger to the shop to paint!!:banana::banana::banana: Yay me!

This weekend I'll do my best to finish the engine bay. It'll be monday or tuesday before I put real primer on it all though.

Reactions: 7 users
I keep threatening to buy one of those. They're cheap, even. What I've not done is wired my garage (workshop, I can't get cars in here) with the 220v my compressor needs.
Apparently these use shtloads of air Noobz, that’s the biggest problem I hear about these.

That and away to keep any moisture out of the lines.

I actually have a cheap one from harbor freight that works great after a few small modifications...
-you will need to drill out the orifice that feeds media into the gun i believe i went 1/4
-you MUST install a water trap just before the blast cabinet
-the media makes a huge difference in performance... i like to use the black beauty media 60/80 grit equivalent for general cleaning/ rust removal

Now my cheap media cabinet works just like a[n] expensive one.

Reactions: 1 user
The MM Full length sfc fit great. Only problem I had was watching my brother burn holes into the sheet metal getting the mig dialed in. Of course he welded those up. And listening to him cuss as slag went inside the cuff of his shirt sleeve. I couldn't laugh because he would have stopped. :O_o: It made the seat so much stiff when driving. It felt like I added spring rate to the suspension.

I got the front part of the left side done. I glazed it and then sprayed on a couple coats of etch primer.
IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4615.JPG

I'm taking my son to lunch today. He leaves for college this wednesday. I won't be able to go with him to drop him off, so at least I'll have lunch with him today. If there ever was a kid that would thrive in the college environment, it's this boy. I'm so excited for him.

After that I'll get back after the smoothing. I want to get a LOT of it done today. I don't know if I'll get the lower radiator support welded in, but I'm going to try to get that far.

I want to put real primer on it this week. I want to be able to take Booger from the garage to the shop to shoot the engine bay by the end of this month.

Next weekend will be the sfc's, bracing and floorpan.

Reactions: 5 users
Ok, I only made it through the area behind the strut tower and part of the firewall just past where the wiper motor goes.
IMG_4617.JPG
IMG_4619.JPG
Wait....you're gonna get all anal on the engine compartment, then blow off capping the frame rail area behind the strut tower?

What are you? A slacker?

Everybody that does these things caps the whole frame rail....and grinds down the pinch weld across the firewall....

It's just not gonna be the same Dave,...I'm so disappointed.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.