Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @CarMichael Angelo has a point. I mean no one will see it when you put then engine in, but right now, it's an eyesore. :bs:

Capture1.JPG

Looks some filler piece and some grinding is in order. Now, I'll go back to NOT working on my pile.

• Sponsors (?)

Wait....you're gonna get all anal on the engine compartment, then blow off capping the frame rail area behind the strut tower?

What are you? A slacker?

Everybody that does these things caps the whole frame rail....and grinds down the pinch weld across the firewall....

It's just not gonna be the same Dave,...I'm so disappointed.
I can't cap it Mike, the brake booster goes down into that area. You'll notice how the inner lip is bent over a little bit, that's for booster clearance.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't cap it Mike, the brake booster goes down into that area. You'll notice how the inner lip is bent over a little bit, that's for booster clearance.

So you can make a custom hardtail IRS mount but you can't fab up a little sheet metal....didn't you get some forming bags and stuff? When you take it to car show, you can have a big poster done up of how perfect your engine bay is, and even though the engine and booster are in the way, the total stranger in the parking lot of IHOP will bow to your metal working prowess, just as that apron will!!!!

This is like a frat party and Mike and I are guilty of hazing, trying to get you to chug that beer! Well, wait, if this were about beer, we wouldn't even have to ask you to take a drink!!!

:banana:

I can’t stand it! The four ribs in the center of the firewall are lumpy feeling!

I’ve ground them down and am getting ready to lay out some mud to make them feel better.
5E34C346-D004-4EB4-814A-A91DEC98711E.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Got a package today. MM Sub frame connectors. You might notice the rusty looking 1x1 tubing next to the LMR box. That's some of the bracing tubing. I'm going to take it to work tomorrow to strip off the ugly first. Then I can start cutting it to the necessary pieces.
IMG_4628.JPG

So this weekend I'll be welding the sfc's in. I don't see how I can weld the rest of the bracing in without installing the floorpan first. I'm thinking I can get the connectors in and maybe a good shot on getting the floorpan installed.

I'm not doing anything tonight. My youngest son left for college today and I'm feeling a little mopey. He's a good boy.

Reactions: 3 users
Got a package today. MM Sub frame connectors. You might notice the rusty looking 1x1 tubing next to the LMR box. That's some of the bracing tubing. I'm going to take it to work tomorrow to strip off the ugly first. Then I can start cutting it to the necessary pieces.
IMG_4628.JPG

So this weekend I'll be welding the sfc's in. I don't see how I can weld the rest of the bracing in without installing the floorpan first. I'm thinking I can get the connectors in and maybe a good shot on getting the floorpan installed.

I'm not doing anything tonight. My youngest son left for college today and I'm feeling a little mopey. He's a good boy.
Congratulations/condolences on your boy. At least take comfort in that you raised a good boy. Did you say where he's going to college and what major?

Congratulations/condolences on your boy. At least take comfort in that you raised a good boy. Did you say where he's going to college and what major?
He's going to Oklahoma State:nonono:. Finance major.

I'm accepting intellectually him going to college very well, I think. It's the progression of life. He has a plan for his life and i'm sure he'll attain his goals.

It's just the selfish side of me that still wants that boy that was eleven to stay just for another decade or so. lol

Reactions: 5 users
Mine's starting his senior year. He's got good grades and has a 27 on the ACT so far. But has he applied anywhere? No. Does he know where he wants to go? No, especially since I said unless he gets a hefty scholarship he isn't following his girl friend to UT Knoxville. Tennessee has a scholarship that gives you 2 years of community college. I can't make him see the value in a 2 year degree, then transfer to where ever he wants. Get a Tennessee or UT Martin, or UT Chat, or U of Memphis degree for about 2/3 the price of going 4 years.
:nonono:

How did you let yours going to OK State? I told mine if he even applies to Ole Miss, I'll slash his tires.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It's Definitely a stepping stone of life Dave.

There's a post from me from years ago where I sat in my chair in the old house completely tore up by the fact the my oldest had left for air force basic. I was a mess for several days afterwards. It took me 6 months to truly get used to the fact that he wasn't around anymore.

But as with everything in our lives, we move on.

I saw him often while in the AF, and after 6 years.....he got out.

He moved back here,...bought a house....and is currently working as a JR tech at BMW.

He's actually about 200' away from me at any given time of the day...sometimes I'll see him, other days we never cross paths.
It's a beautiful thing.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
[QUOTE="CarMichael Angelo, post: 9131625, member: 162211"
He's actually about 200' away from me at any given time of the day...sometimes I'll see him, other days we never cross paths.
It's a beautiful thing.[/QUOTE]

What's the beautiful part? He's within 200' or you never cross paths?

:thinking:

just kidding!!

Status
Not open for further replies.