Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not familiar with the import tuner scene, it seems like every single Subaru owner calls their car Scooby... Just FYI.

Dude I am in love with the bumper insert idea!
I agree,..I just don't think that your car needs anything brash,.....everything in your car needs to be sneaky, and more covert/subtle. People need to " come across" the small details in the same small bites, as opposed to something like mine, where they get it all jammed in their face at once.
If you could mold the SC recess into your bumpers, that would be cool. But given that you've basically finished your bumpers, and the GT decal on the hood now conflicts,...maybe repaint that decal with the SC on the hood instead? Or create a hybrid decal..GT/sc; GT/SC; GTSC; GTS/c

But the more I think if it, the more I think it needs to be one or the other. You don't see LX GT mustangs,..If you rebadge it, change it over completely.

Granted, it'll mean a repaint of the hood, but surely you know a guy that can help you with that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Plus these on the fenders.

IMG_3222.JPG

Things that washing Scuby showed me.

One thing is that small buckle in the left quarter sail panel. I'll need to take the car to the shop and put it on the frame machine or I'll never get rid of that for good.

That's good though, I'll make sure the body is straight and square that way.

I won't do that until I finish stripping the panels off the car and removing the drivetrain.

Scuby is only 2 1/2 miles from my shop now! Almost two miles from my house.

This is so FREAKING OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
That's awesome. You must be skipping along today.

I remember when I finally loaded my car up on the flatbed after 4-5 years of storage and brought it to my garage after buying my new house. I was on cloud 9 for a few days

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't take a picture of something I discovered after putting the ten holes on scuby. I'll post one later.

It's the ultimate in redneck engineering. Remember how the driver's side floor pan had all of those mile long cracks? Well, the po must have decided they didn't like the seat sagging, so they fixed it.

I won't tell you what they did, next time i'm with the car i will get a picture. This is too good for me to try telling you what their repair was. You'll have to see it to really appreciate it.

I will post one more picture though. You surely remember my engine bay frame rails and how nicely they were completely filled with rat poop? They're not rotted! Yay.
IMG_3442.JPG
IMG_3443.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Now that it is cleaned up a little, that car looks amazingly solid. This is gonna be good.....
Except for that floor pan Chris, it really is.

I'm going to pluck out the engine here within the next week or two, then i can get a more accurate look at the frame rails. They seem good right now, but until I drop that K-member i won't be sure.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot. You remember those supercoupe seats I mentioned? Here they are.
IMG_3423.JPG
IMG_3424.JPG

You can see the couple small tears in the passenger seat, but other than that and a little fading???

He said he'll sell them to me, didn't say a price yet. I know i put a lot of effort into the original seats, but these look much more comfy......:shrug:

If nothing else, I can put the original seats on a nice base and make them good garage seats for when y'all come visit me!:D

Reactions: 2 users
Those do look nice. Damn. I want some in black leather
Oh yeah! That would be extra nice!

I'm really thinking about getting them and changing their color.

EDIT: I just noticed all of the electronic adjustments on the side! Hum, I wonder if they still work, wouldn't that be trick to have that working?

Last edited:
I went over to look at Scuby just a little bit ago......do you know why? BECAUSE I CAN!!!!!! BWAAHAAHAAHAA!

So, while I was there I took a couple pictures of the po's driver's seat reinforcement. I told you pictures would be better than me explaining what the po had done.

First, the driver's floor from inside.
IMG_3445.JPG

Second, the "modification/reinforcement". Ingenious huh? I just might angle iron a set of subframe connectors there now.:crazy:
IMG_3448.JPG

One last of the engine bay frame rail on the left side, this was the rat's favorite toilet:nonono:. The paint is still intact underneath!
IMG_3450.JPG

One of everything that'll be in the storage unit for now. Room to pull the remaining parts and drivetrain. Yay!
IMG_3451.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.