86 Gt Running Rough

Jaystang73

Feb 26, 2017
Ok this is my first tech post so bare with me, i bought an 86 gt and the guy i bought it from took the upper and lower intakes off valve covers ect and to boot cut alot of the vaccum lines, so i get the car back together repaired the lines, i go to start it and it blows flames out if the driver side exhaust, so i look over and i checked the firing order, its the 302 ho so i believe the firing order is as the 351 but any how i checked and manually did the timing and everything seems correct, but the problem im having is this when i put it drive or reverse well any gear besides nuetral and park, i press the pedal and it doesnt really have any power or rpms dont rev up, i went over everything but i have to be missing something,im at stump right now, oh also i took all of the cats and mufflers off due to im going to redo the exhaust from headers back, could anyone possibly give me a direction to go with this engine running so rough and lack of power. Thanks for any advice any of you can give me

• Sponsors (?)

I think if it's close to 1. you're ok, it appears that the computer 'reads' the voltage when the engine is started. I'm sure someone will jump in with the technical version before I find it.
mustang5L5 has a excellent post in the 5.0 tech sticky section about setting the tps.

Last edited: