Progress Thread '88 Gt Project Blue Storm

• Sponsors (?)

Nice start to your build man . 11s is as easy as adding a nice self contained Vortech v3 low boost so it will be safe and it will plenty of car for you . You can pulley the blower later on when you build a big engine that can take some boost . It will be dead nuts reliable in my opinion and you'll have a blast .

Either way enjoy and welcome to the site .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 2 users
Nice start to your build man . 11s is as easy as adding a nice self contained Vortech v3 low boost so it will be safe and it will plenty of car for you . You can pulley the blower later on when you build a big engine that can take some boost . It will be dead nuts reliable in my opinion and you'll have a blast .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

That's what I did. Been bolting on other mods since and it just keeps getting better. #getyurselfafukinblowerbro

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Alright, I figure I should update on stuff.

I'm swapping to LX trim. I like the simple look, and I'm not liking the Cervinis bumper and GT parts. They're all wavy, and don't line up correctly, well to my standards anyways.

From pictures I've seen, it seems to be pretty normal for aftermarket body parts. So, I like the idea of LX bumpers because they're simple, and there is an abundance of factory bumpers. I know, seems weird, but yeah. Also, I want to swap to manual windows.

These will help simplify everything, provide some weight reduction, and hopefully make painting it a little cheaper. Also, I can sell the GT/Cervinis bumper and pay off the LX parts, and help fund other parts... Hopefully.

In a few days when I get paid, I hope to go to the junkyard to get some LX parts and the missing headlight brackets, (If the one fox that is there still has the parts) then the next payday, hopefully get the core support and possibly fender aprons, if I feel I need them.

Sorry, no good updates. My daily drivers cheap fuel pump went out so I went factory which costed over half my paycheck, plus bills, so I was screwed. I did warn it will be a slow project until I get a better job.

Okay, so plans that take funds rarely work out when you don't have a ridiculous amount of disposable income. So, well, I haven't really done anything except get a flat tire (super fast leak) and another one with a slow leak.

Hopefully I'll be able to do some updates somewhat soon.

In the meantime, here's what it's like right now.

Reactions: 5 users
Actual project updates shall come once the weather clears up! I decided first bigger jobs should be to... Un-molest the car? We'll go with that. Also figured I'd experiment with a couple products I haven't found too much info on. For Fox Mustangs anyways.

0303171643_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Actual project updates shall come once the weather clears up! I decided first things should be to... Un-molest the car? We'll go with that. Also figured I'd experiment with a couple products I haven't found too much info on. For Fox Mustangs anyways.

0303171643_HDR.jpg
Oooooohhhh! Tell us about it!

Oooooohhhh! Tell us about it!

For sure, I plan on posting many pictures once I start digging into it. So far, really the only thing I can tell you about, is that the American Autowire kit doesn't fully accommodate the wiring for the Dakota Digital cluster. So I will have to add a few sensor wires and things. I did email American Autowire, and asked how they would recommend I go about it.

Also the Ford Racing box is just valve covers, but I think I like the box more than it's contents.

I really dig the Dakota four eye instrument cluster as well. I'll have to choke up a chunk of change for it. Maybe when my build gets to that stage the money fairy will drop of some money for me!

Seriously though, i'm going to try and get one. Let us know what it takes to get yours installed, i'll be very interested.