Paint and Body 89 GT, water leaking in from top of passenger side door

FetusLasVegas

Sep 19, 2018
Chicago
Washed my car for the first time today. Steady stream to slow drip of water from the top middle all the way to the top rear of the passenger door. The main concentration of the leak was about ⅔ back dripping on the side bolster of the seat and creating a wet spot on the back right side of the bottom cushion.

I inspected the weather striping and the entire length seems to be in good repair, no tears, missing chunks, or brittleness. I'm at a loss of what to do...

• Sponsors (?)

Open the door and place a piece of paper on the top of the door frame across the rubber seal then close the door, you should not be able to pull the paper out.
I'm figuring you do not have a sunroof

Reactions: 1 user
Your window frame is probably bent a little. For me personally, I would put the window down, open the door, stand in between the car and the open door, grab the top of the window frame and pull it a little to bend it back in place. I have done this before. It doesn't take much to get it back where it should be.

Chris

Reactions: 1 users
Your window frame is probably bent a little. For me personally, I would put the window down, open the door, stand in between the car and the open door, grab the top of the window frame and pull it a little to bend it back in place. I have done this before. It doesn't take much to get it back where it should be.

Chris

This worked perfectly. Thanks for your help!!!

Reactions: 1 user