89 in. smog deletion belt where can i buy one?

Bosko5.0

May 18, 2006
longwood, FL
where can i get one? and a part# would help.

i am planning on swapping my exhuast and deleting smog pump and want to save weight and get a shorter belt, i did take a wire and ran it by all the pulleys and came up with 89".

and any tips on the deletion would help.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

you might have to try a few different belts before finding the right one. i tried the 895k6 and ended up having to use an 888. the 895 fit but was too loose. the tensioner was bouncing around and making a tap sound.

dayco belt # is 5060890 and 5060885 is 88.5 and 5060895 is 89.5 and so on the 60 represents the 6 rib ...its easy to cross these numbers and i know they do not carry this brand at auto zone which is good you dont have to deal with the retards down there...i can call and try and give them a part # and they dont know how to check it...everytime they say ummm whats it for then they argure that thats not the size that fits my car and its likei know im deleting pulleys and they dont understand....:mad: and dont say you have a gt because they are still gonna ask if its the v6 or v8:D

yea you are probably going to have to buy a couple to get it perfect.

and on the topic of the parts people. i once had a guy say that a different length belt would not fit. i had to explain to him that i was bypassing something. he told me that was not a good idea and he cant look up the belt without a car to match it to:nonono:

trav, true autozone may be that way but I hate like hell going over the cough*NAPA store b/c as soon as I tell them I need ford parts they laugh and tell me to get a chevy...:nonono: they're a bunch of toothless hillybilly wonders down there...

Just go to your nearest parts store and ask for a 89'' 6 rip belt.

890k6 is drive rites part # at advance, 5060890 would be their dayco number. I worked there for a long time. I was one of the few who actually worked on cars so a lot of people would come in asking for me lol.

we had to attend classes at auto value where i worked for 4 years you never had to open a hood ..but after all the classes you knew everything you had to, to sell parts like i mentoned above 5060890 and i would also get a 5060885 1/2" smaller just to make sure and maybe a 1/2" bigger too

as mentioned above though go into any part store thats local and tell them you need a 6 rib 89" belt... if they cant figure it out or want to look up the vehicle go to the next parts store lol