Paint and Body 93 GT rear windshield weatherstrip please help

So I'm getting my car painted soon and instead of having the shop do the body work on the rusted hatchback I replaced it. The replacement had the glass with the defrost and my original did not so I wanted to keep my original. When I took my original off it was just the small u-channel gasket and a ton of glue. The replacement I took off was factory installed and never replaced and it had an additional piece of glue/weather stripping that I can't find, even on parts diagrams. It was more like glue than weather stripping and it had a single piece of thread all the way through it. I wish I took a picture of it but I didn't. Does anyone have any clue what I'm talking about? I'm not even sure I have a clue what I'm talking about.

• Sponsors (?)

Here's what I think you are calling the U channel. Mine has been slowly letting go for a good while. Other than that there should be a thick bead of glass adhesive that holds the window in.

Reactions: 1 user
@J4bs4209333 dont worry....... it actually becomes fun to read and chime in on all the antics.... eh.... conversation. Sift through it, and there’s a ton of people who are more than happy to give you a ton of answers. Even I come up with an answer here and there! Welcome....... come and enjoy the camaraderie.
And if you drink beer, we have a pretty cool thread going on about that too! Cheers!