94-98 Headlight Removal???

• Sponsors (?)

ViperBlue GT said:
Has anyone done this before? The corners are very easy, but I have no clue on how to get these things out. Anyone???? :shrug: :shrug:

Very easy. look on the backside and first remove the metal clip on the top peg, looks like a fork. Then you will need some needle nose pliers and squueze the lower peg and pull on the headlight slightly. Wiggle and squeeze the peg together and the whole assembly will come out.

There are three pegs that come through. One located closest to the middle of the motor and two on the out side. And also, how did you remove the metal clips. What tools did you use. Thanks :shrug:

ViperBlue GT said:
There are three pegs that come through. One located closest to the middle of the motor and two on the out side. And also, how did you remove the metal clips. What tools did you use. Thanks :shrug:

You can use your finger to pull up on the clip it is shaped like a "L" Only one peg if you look closley has 2 pieces of plastic sticking out the sides that need to be squeezed together with pliers to remove headlight. I just put cobra lights and corners in my GT. Looks way better!!

When I removed mine, I slipped a box ended wrench over the plastic nubs and they popped right out. I forget what size, 7/16? Use trial and error and you'll figure out what size, didn't take me long.

As said above, just pull up on the metal clip to remove it. If its really stuck on there, use a screwdriver.

Got it guys!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the replies and the help. Looks very good and clean. First one was a little more difficult than the other. It also helps when you dont have the corners in while you are putting in the headlight. :bang: :bang: Thanks again guys!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: