'94 cobra in '88 coupe?

KurtPB

May 15, 2006
Lorimor, IA
I'm looking at a couple local fox's and one is an 88 roller with everything needed... so they say. it's a 94 cobra 5.0 and i was curious how easily, or, how hard would it be? i understand they went to the maf in the late 80s but wasnt sure on the 94-95 years. tranny isnt identified so i'm not sure if it's the one from the 94. I dont want to get too technical in this post as I haven't called the owner yet, will do tomorrow, but was wondering if I could get a basic rundown from you guys. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Your best bet is to do what I did. Get the two cars next to each other and swap everything. I put a 2001 GT 4.6L into a 1981 notchback. I used everybit of wiring, the fuel system, speedo, dash, console, seats, brake lines. It was a lot of work, but very very cool.

i remember the thread. you also went from 4eye to aero. only thing is, the pweson selling it doesnt have the actual car. from what i seen it's the engine on a stand, tranny(not identified) near by, alum. drive shaft and supposably everything need to get it running. i couldnt get a hold of the guy and i got to thinking that they may have chopped up a 4cyl car to do it and i dont want to mess with that. will probably save up for a car ready to go, just had planned on seeing if they wanted a bike haha. of course, if i had the money, i'd just do what you did and 4.6pi.

i was just curious if you only had the engine persay, and you wanted to put it an an older 5.0 car, what sort of wiring problems you might run into. extra wiring needed on top of the maf. anyways, thanks.

i got a 95 cobra engine one my 88 hatch i changed all the accesories from my fox including the timing cover and water pump i also changed the intake i dint have to mess with any wiring unless you wanna keep that intake then your going to have to use the throttle cable from an 94-95 mustang the tps connectors arent the same idk about the mass air connector and your going to have to drill your lower intake and place a sensor that goes there i just forgot the name of it i may be forgetting some stuff:shrug: hopefully this helps