'94 Cobra intake purchase

krtw

Sep 18, 2009
Oregon
I picked up a '94 Cobra intake, upper, lower and throttle body today. Got the whole setup for 190$. Its in excellent condition, protected under a thick coating of dust....sitting on a shelf for 2 years. Have contacted Tmoss with regard to lower porting work, I will likely go this route. Anybody know where I can get the upper to lower bolt kit?

• Sponsors (?)

last i had heard tmoss wasn't doing much porting work. I'd email him before you get your hopes up. good buy though. is it the stock cobra throttle body?

I already got a quote from Tmoss for the porting work, so apparently he is still working. I just need to clean up the intake a little and ship it off. The throttle body looks like the stock cobra, 60mm or 65mm? I was happy to pay 190 for all this locally, I had seen them on Ebay for more money plus shipping.

That's an excellent deal. I'm not sure what size throttle body a Cobra comes with. As long as it's a 65mm, it will be more that sufficient for basic H/C/I. If you are running something like an AFR 165 or similiar, I don't think you would pick anything up with port work. Probably better off just leaving it the way it is.

Kurt

I just got my Cobra intake back from Tmoss this week. So yep....he's still porting. I only have Eddy 1.90's and from what I've read, it's 5 & 8 that can use the help. Those 2 paths have a couple pretty tough turns to make so having Tom clean it up will atleast match the flow to the others

If you are running something like an AFR 165 or similiar, I don't think you would pick anything up with port work. Probably better off just leaving it the way it is.

Kurt

According to the Tmoss porting page, the stock Cobra flows between 205-210. The cobra intake can be ported to support a 250 flow rate head, So I think there would be some benefit there. :shrug: