94 gt exhaust concerns

2fast4u2c

Dec 18, 2017
I just got done installing a new flywheel, clutch and headers . Instead of putting back carted h pipe I want to use off road h or x pipe . Will I have issues that I will need to tune it?

• Sponsors (?)

One of the downsides to removing a catted H pipe on a Sn car is-it stinks. Speaking from experience-these cars put off a lot off fumes.
Then You have to deal with the air pump and lines etc. don’t get me wrong,I’m all for an X pipe -but maybe consider some high flow cats -oh,and Welcome to Stangnet :SN:

Reactions: 1 user
I've never noticed any smells haha. But as far as drivability, you won't need any kind of tuning. You will throw a CEL because of the cats being gone though. I know they make what they call MIL eliminators for the 96 up cars. I can't remember if they do for the 5.0s. All they do is plug in place of you downstream O2 sensors and make the car think the cats are still working. I had off-road x pipe with SLP loudmouths on my 94 cobra and it sounded freaking mean. But it was definitely loud too!

I've never noticed any smells haha. But as far as drivability, you won't need any kind of tuning. You will throw a CEL because of the cats being gone though. I know they make what they call MIL eliminators for the 96 up cars. I can't remember if they do for the 5.0s. All they do is plug in place of you downstream O2 sensors and make the car think the cats are still working. I had off-road x pipe with SLP loudmouths on my 94 cobra and it sounded freaking mean. But it was definitely loud too!

You won't need the MIL eliminators, 94' and 95' SN95's were OBDI and only had the pre-cat O2 sensor. You won't have any issues with tuning, but the car will get stinkier.