94 GT has SVT emblem on back? Just purchased it.

toolrk

Sep 25, 2006
Was there GT's that were giving SVT package that are not Cobra's?
Cars has 56k on it and I am the 3rd Owner. 2 50+ older men were previous owners. How can I tell if it has SVT package or not? New to Mustangs...

• Sponsors (?)

Quick question: it seems to me that in the wonderful land to the North, fox GT's were called Cobras. The same never held for 94-95 GT's? It doesnt seem like it but I had to ask. :bang:

Never heard of that, they call them GT's here just as well, hatch or notch back. But I always did wonder why the hell people say they have a late 80's Cobra, since they never made them till '93 :bs:

HISSIN50 said:
Quick question: it seems to me that in the wonderful land to the North, fox GT's were called Cobras. The same never held for 94-95 GT's? It doesnt seem like it but I had to ask. :bang:

You sir, are partially correct!

from 87-92, Canadian Ford Marketing guru's decided that using the word "Cobra" on the rear of GT Mustangs, it would increase sales. That, it did, but now, as Stephane said, it has all kinds of people saying "I've got an 87 GT Cobra. I correct these people on a near daily basis. Scumbags.

xr8d302 said:
You sir, are partially correct!

from 87-92, Canadian Ford Marketing guru's decided that using the word "Cobra" on the rear of GT Mustangs, it would increase sales. That, it did, but now, as Stephane said, it has all kinds of people saying "I've got an 87 GT Cobra. I correct these people on a near daily basis. Scumbags.

Interesting factoid