94 mustang color iris metallic?

Interesting note, I have to blow my own horn on this one

On mustang heaven, a few years ago, the owner just had the color names posted, and no corresponding colors next to the names

I sent him a message, and he changed that.....it's kinda neat that it's still up :nice:

Also, that pink mustang should burn.

• Sponsors (?)

133831.jpg

I told ya'll it was ugly! I actually remembered it alittle lighter than that, it must be the angle and light.

You sure brought that thread back from the dead!

I used to own one of those gems! Mine was a 1994 GT Iris Metallic. The girls sure liked it, anytime I went to a drive through restaurant they went crazy for it.

The best description of the color is "Barney" purple. No kidding, if you take a Barney dinosaur toy and set it on the car, it is the exact same color!

re: 1994 iris color

Yes, the iris color on the 1994 mustang is a purplish/pink mix (mostly deep purple) I use to own a 1994 GT convertable few years ago when I graduated college. I'm trying to find the guy who owns it now and buy it back. I've seen it on the streets here in LA a few times

One of the secretaries at my grade school owned one, a V6 with the directional tri-spoke hubcaps. Then when I was in highschool, a girl in my class bought it from her. I have never seen another one in person.

Reminds me of all the SN95 Mustangs that had Gold badging, those were a little more common, but you never see them anymore.

This thread reminded me of something. Back in 1996 I was with my Mom at Worthington Ford in Long Beach when she was looking for a new car. She eventually bought a V6 Laser Red Mustang, but I remember seeing a Cobra there in a color I have not seen since.

It was a 96 Cobra (forward facing hood scoops) and it was a purplish-bluish silver color that I have not seen at all since. I seriously doubt it was a custom job seeing as well, it was the first year of that style (hood and whatnot..). Did something like that exist? I have never seen another one that color.

It was kind of like this.... (it was a little bluer and lighter but similar)

2025601_1.jpg

I know for a fact it wasn't a Mystic Cobra. It was much, much lighter than that.

Oddly enough I had a customer ask me about paint for a Mystic Cobra this week. We haven't dealt with that color much at all. It's still an oddball color, and only available through BASF. Mystichrome is available through several paint companies now, but the Mystic is protected like a mofo still.

Hey I just bought the paint color you are asking about. Napa Auto Parts, Crossfire Paint Brand. It was a match to the 1995 Ford Aspire. I am painting a 1969 Ford Truck with it. It is AWESOME!

It's not Pink - It's Iris Metallic!

It's amazing how you make fun of it until you're driving it. It doesn't look girly and people remember your car.

Attachments

• SDC11026.JPG
    SDC11026.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 1,841
  • SDC10998-1.JPG
    SDC10998-1.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,241
Cars for Sale: 1994 Ford Mustang GT in Williamstown, KY 41097: Coupe Details - 283902701 - AutoTrader.com Cylinder&certified=&body_code=2&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=300&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=7803287&showZipError=n&make=FORD&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&body_style=COUPE&drive=&default_sort=newsortbyprice_ASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_type=priceASC&address=46311&advanced=y&end_year=2004&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=15000&cardist=250&standard=false