94 Mustang Electrical Problems Please Help!!!

pmpstang

Jun 7, 2005
I Have A 94 Mustang With Some Really Weird Electrical Issues Going On. Im Getting Power Spikes And A Lot Of Noise Through The Radio. I Took It To The Radio Shop Just To Make Sure Everything Was Installed Properly, And It All Checked Out. I Also Cleaned All Of The Wiring Harnesses With Electrical Cleaner Still No Help. Any Suggestions???

• Sponsors (?)

it does it here and there, unless im sitting at a light or just in idle, its worse when at idle or when a/c is on, and there is definately spikes in the voltage. someone said that it may just be bad spark plugs, as they were just put on before i bought the car and i think they are like autozone crap or something?

Check your spark plug wires and see if any have lost their insulation.

Check your battery connections, engine ground connection and body grounds (go from battery to body, small wires). Clean all connections and reinstall. You should see bare metal and the posts should be nice and shiny. Autozone sells a cheap battery terminal cleaner.
Scott

Yeah But I Get The Power Spikes With Or Without The Radio On, And Its Just A Stock Mach 460, But It Seems Everyone Is Saying The Same Thing, A Loose Or Bad Ground