95 GT Needs help with start/stalls quirks

Thanks for looking, I'll get right to it, 95 GT conv, last time i drove the car, i could fire it up and drive about 2 miles down the road, then the rpm gauge just dives to "0" and the car shuts off. Luckily I was right beside a gas station. The engine will turn over but never fire. I had the hood open and about 15 mins into scratching my head, i heard two sets of clicks come from the front passenger side of the engine compartment. After I heard what sounded to be a relay, i went and tried and it fired up and drove for almost 60 miles. This has happened 4 more times since then. I have replaced the distributor 3 times(since they are "new" remans), and the coil, plugs and wires. I was thinking maybe it was the PIP, but normally that only happens when it gets hot from driving along time, this always happens within the first two miles, as the people at the gas station are getting to know me well. What else should I be going for. When it shuts down, there is no spark from the coil or anywhere. Could this be the ICM? Any idea would be greatful for I am tired of it doing that when I go home.

I have done the wiggle test on all the ignition parts, it's something to do with the "clicking noise" I hear. I just don't know of any relays around that area, does the ICM have a thermal in it?

• Sponsors (?)

There are relays for the fuel pump, cooling fan and I believe one more in the black box right next to the coolant reservoir - which is at the front passenger side of the car. The box is on the metal bracket holding the reservoir in place. Sounds like one of the relays went bad.

I can say I had the exact same problem on my V6 (now the Cobra clone). Engine would just wind down, RPM's would drop until the engine died. It would not restart for some random time, then start up like nothing was wrong. Had to let my mechanic drive it for over a week until he could reproduce the problem. In my case, the mechanic discovered that when the problem happened, the CCRM had cut out all power to the engine. A replacement CCRM fixed the issue. Hopefully Hissin can pitch in here and help out with some diagnostics on the CCRM, I don't remember which wires are what offhand.