95 GT -vs- 98 Cobra

Holik95

Aug 14, 2005
Granite City,IL
My brother has a 98 Cobra 5 spd with the only mods being Mac long tubes, off road h-pipe and cat-back. We always argue about who can beat who. Right now we cant race cause he blew his motor, so i was just curious of what you guys think. Place your vote.

• Sponsors (?)

u should get him. them car are only rated at 305/300. and with exhaust im sure it only puts about 275/270 or so to the wheels. my 89 lx with cai, tfs street intake, stock tb and maf, tremec 3550, and KC clutch put down 212/265.

With ur mods u'll have a huge advange on TQ but the HP would be kinda closer. Have fun!!!

95 Mustang GT
5 spd--AFR 165's--E303 Cam--Trick Flow Track Heat Intake--Trick Flow 3/8 Intake Spacer--Scorpion 1.6 RR--Kirban AFPR--Mac Unequal Length Shorties--Mac o/r X-Pipe--Mac 2.5" Cat-Back--Mac Cold Air--FRPP 3.73's--FRPP Aluminun DS--Hurst Short Throw Shifter--75mm tb--Nitto Drag Radials

:nice:

you should take him easily, i raced an 96 snake, and almost beat him. he beat me by half a second. he had 4.10 gears and x pipe.maybe not a good driver. look at my sig for my mods.

You will beat him EASILY in a drag race. Don't race him from a roll, it will be closer.

IF he were to install some 4.10s and some drag radials it'd be a drivers race.

you should take him easily, i raced an 96 snake, and almost beat him. he beat me by half a second. he had 4.10 gears and x pipe.maybe not a good driver. look at my sig for my mods.

Since when is losing by half a second almost beating someone!?

I used to beat my buddies STI by half a second and he was seeing 95 GT tailights about five car lenghts in front of him...

http://69.164.179.31:8192/newcar/race04b.avi

I ran 13.4 to his 13.9 (before my intake/tb/converter/rockers). You can see how far out in front I am at the end.

super302 said:
a 98 cobra w/ longtubes and full exhaust will put down 300rwhp no problem.

He DEFINATLEY needs gears though, 4.30 at minimum
a geared+exhaust 98 cobra will run high 12's
ur saying a 98 cobra will gain about 25rwhp by adding fullexhaust :bs: my buddys 02WS6 only gained 12rwhp and 12rwtq.

blake89stang said:
ur saying a 98 cobra will gain about 25rwhp by adding fullexhaust :bs: my buddys 02WS6 only gained 12rwhp and 12rwtq.

don't believe me, ask ANY owner of a 96-98 cobra

My old car had a 98 DOHC cobra engine and w/ just longtubes and o/r X it dynoed 302rwhp
....but of course i'm lying :Teh-Win:

super302 said:
don't believe me, ask ANY owner of a 96-98 cobra

My old car had a 98 DOHC cobra engine and w/ just longtubes and o/r X it dynoed 302rwhp
....but of course i'm lying :Teh-Win:
didnt say u was lying, i just called BS cause i dont think it can put them kinda #'s down w/ only exhaust