97 Cobra TKO-500 swap trans. mount issue

eli-stangbanger

Oct 24, 2009
Hi all i'm new here. I recently pulled the T-45 out of my car due to breaking a shift fork and have replaced most of the drivetrain, new pilot bearing, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, king cobra clutch, FRPP bellhousing,and today i got the TKO-500 bolted up to the bellhousing. I suspected there may be an issue with the transmission mount as i have read the cobra crossmember sits further back than a GT. My mounting hardware I pulled off the T-45 fit the TKO however once it was all in place it was clear my crossmember sits way too far back for the TKO mount point. I have searched the internet for some adapter or even a solution to this issue but I can't find anything specific to my car. The only thing I can imagine would be to remove my crossmember mounting brackets and drill holes to mount it further forward to make it work. I know these swaps have been done and there is an answer, I just hope it's easier than what i'm coming up with. Many thanks to anyone who can help out on this!:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

hey man i have a question for you. your going from a t45 to an auto right? if so what are you having to do to make it work besides the crossmember issue. im wanting to go from a t56 to a auto because of breaking things and it gets expensive. if you could shed some light for me that would be awesome thanks man.