99 cobra vs. 01 cobra

As far as power and performance is concerned, even though it is supposedly the same motor, are 01's generally faster than 99s? i have always heard there were power issues with the 99s and recalls were made on account of that...if someone could explain for me i would much appreciate. i am currently trying to decide whether to fork out the extra $$$$ for an 01...........

• Sponsors (?)

The power b/w the two will be the same as long as the 99 had "the fix". If you have the extra cash I would go with the 01 because of the suede seats and it actually says cobra on the rear bumper and it has a 6 cd changer. And since its a 01 its notv as old/less miles. But at least you getting a cobra. Good Luck Bro. :nice:

Just my$.02.

I can. LOL I got a 99 Cobra with a 8,000 dollar chameleon paint job with 36k miles for 11 grand. the dude practacly paid me to take it. he was buying a house and needed 11 grand by the end of the day lol. sucks to be him. I like the 01's better. They ahve the nice seats. the rest of the options do not matter much. Like the rear bumper is 200 off e-bay i got one that says cobra before it was painted. But i wish i had the seats off the 01. The fix was a very important way to see if the person cared for the car or if they were to lazy to get stuff fixed lol. call SVT with the vin to see if it has had the fix.

are you being serious? The 99 was put out and people were pissed because it wasn't making the numbers that ford promised. They issued a "fix" which consisted of reworking the intake as well as the exhaust. You should be able to search the forum for 99 cobra fix or something of that nature to find more info then I can provide.