99 Cobra vs SRT4

Status
Not open for further replies.

5literstang

Apr 15, 2003
Clark, NJ
ok this kid wants to run me, i'm not sure what he has done but something about mopar stage 2 or something like that. he was talking about doin some stage 2 turbo over the winter but as of now his car is basically stock. i have a x pipe with cats, catback, short throw, springs, and cold air. so what will the outcome be? thank -Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

Unfortunately I'm thinking the outcome might not be too good for you. I hate the fact that this cheap lil piece can run like that. I know 3 guys that have SRT-4s and they all run real nice on the street. If you drag him at the track, it might be a different story because 1. its from a stop, and 2. his FWD kills him if he doesnt know what hes doing.

Just my .02

Been there!......You MUST run him from a dig, stage 1 you'll have your hands full, stage 2 good luck!

Out drive him get a good launch and hope he doesn't have stage 2 yet.

I can take stage 1s not much of a problem, however there is a shop in town that has one stage 2 and they are fast(mid 13s fast).

Bottom line talk no smack show up, and drive your butt off, 50/50 chance.
Good luck.!

Stage 2 puts him at 280 hp / 300 ft-lbs tq. Grab some DR's or slicks and jump from a dig.

Stage 3 puts the little bastards at 355 / 365!!

They are ballsy little cars and I have actually heard that they are not too great from a roll in the 80 MPH or so bumps. The bad part is that if it is an 04, it comes from the factory with LSD which makes the dig thing less appealing. Pray that it is an 03 stock and from a dig to have a GOOD chance.

no matter what its a losing proposition. you win and your supposed to.........you lose and the ricer posts the video all over the net proving his little 4 is a big dog!

I refuse to race any ricer no matter if they are fast or not for these reasons.........

'm a one of the founders of a Neon club, in the process of selling my neon to buy a Cobra, and I'm sorry to tell you, that if he's the better driver he will win.

my friends Stage 1 SRT4 did 13.7, a Stage 2 will put you at around 13.2. Driven the cars and they have good pickupall the way from dead-stop to about 135mph. Great little cars

Hope you win though. SRT owners are cocky, believe I know !

if he's still basically stock like he says, you will beat him easily from a stop and take him from a roll. stage 1 you should take him from a stop and it would be close from a roll depending on where in the powerband each car is. stage 2, he'd win from a roll. a stop would depend on his launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.