99 to 04 which to buy today? HELP ASAP PLEASE

stangwar84

Dec 7, 2007
Hey guys...Hope everyone is doing well. I sold my 01 blown v6 swap car 700hp and I am really sad. Im going out to get a GT today and I want to know what year you think I should get. 99 00 01 02 03 or 04?

I dropped one in the v6 swap so I know mid 01 cars have the T3650. Why so much better than 99 00? What production date has the T3650.

which years have the cracking intake issue? Thanks

help

• Sponsors (?)

99-00 have the cracking issue, not a huge deal. Between the 3650 and the T45, it just depends on prefference. I LOVED my T45, and I think it was night and day better than my crappy 3650. A lot of it has to do with how the previous owner drove it.

I would say get an 02+ because they have the single head unit CD player and better wheels... but it depends what you can find.

99-04 are all reliable, except for the intake manifold problem from 99-mid 01.

Personally I like my T-45, T-3650's are a crap shoot to wether or not they will work fine or pleauge you will issues. Not to scare you off, as many do not have problems... but compare the number of issues and the 3650 is more problematic IMO.

99-00's dont have a hood, or side scoops that stick out. They also have a different (better looking IMO) wing on them.

99-00's also had the Windsor 4.6, not the Romeo that the 01+ GT's have. Some power and whatnot, parts interchangable but it will take a few extra steps to swap parts between the two rather than a Windsor/Windsor or Romeo/Romeo swap.

Cant go wrong with any year IMO as long as the car is in good shape.

2001 was the last change for the SN95. They add the hood scope, side scoop, new wing, smoked headlights, changed the center console cup holder location, changed the CD player layout. Basically 01-04 looked exactly a like.

I prefer the 01-04 styling better. I hate the non-smoked headlamps and the 99-00 spoiler. It seems like they just slapped a fox type spoiler on those years and mounted them way too far forward.:D

2001 was the first year I considered buying a new edge because of this.

Plus, the double DIN center console > two single DIN center console :nice:

You all kick ***. Thank you so much for the help. Oh and the v6 thing....it started as a v6 but I swapped in a 4.6 from a 00 with manley pistons, rods, cobra crank etc. T3650 with a dual friction (no issues on that one, not sure if I want it again though) 24 psi from a vortech through an air to air paxton. 8.8 w/3.90. Ya know the rest...cobra pumps, maf, boost a pump, injectors, crudd load of tuning...bottom line I had a 9 sec stang but it was a huge waste of money. Starting with a 6 and makin it run is 10k more than startin with a gt. AND YES i DID BLOW THE DARN THING UP ONCE AND I BUILT IT AGAIN. Well here I go again.....IM CLEARLY BEING USED AND ABUSED BY THE STANG BUG. Thanks

well i have to ask what kind of budget you are working with and where do you live?

i will be working today, so i will be sitting at my computer all day and i would be more that happy to look at the auto sales sites.

and also as i said in my last post i would defenetly go the 99-01 cobra route, unless you have more money for a 03-04 cobra. or an 03-04 mach1