9mm Ford Racing Product Review

zerosgt

Jan 9, 2006
Sea-Tac, WA
Okay, I actually have something to post on here that may be worth something to someone.

So I'm running a basically stock 98 GT with 115K mi on her. That means it's time for a tune up in my book. So I started looking for wires and ended up purchasing a set of Ford Racing 9mm. I utilized factory replacement plugs and then did the install. The orginal wires are 8mm and so the wire clips will need to be replaced. As with my other favorite past time, 1mm does make a difference. So when I started the car up it was running really choppy. Appearently the ECU monitors the plugs for feed back and swapping them without resetting the ECU is a no-no. So I pulled the neg terminal and broke that cheesy crap. Irritated I returned to shucks and purchased a set of gold terminals so I could get good solid electrical connectivity. Appearntly that two year degree in electronics finally came in handy. So after some solder and a crimper my new battery terminals were in place and she was ready for a good start up. And they look nice being red under the hood of a red car. Now I just need a Optima Red top and a Tunable Inductions CAI and I'm done.

As to be expected, she ran like a champ. While I had the plugs out I did a leakdown and found that all of the cyclinders were close enough to call them even. If I were to tear my block down, I would expect it to look as it did when assembled. This is incredible to me, mostly since I'm a cross over from the import camp.

In conclusion, I would strongly recommend utilizing these racing wires. I saw a slight increase in gas mileage and noticed that I return to idle much sooner. Not bad since I found them for $70 shipped to my door. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm thinking about doing my wires after my rearend is built. I have intereferance in my speakers from my wires because the sheilding is so worn out :rlaugh:
Where did you get them for $70 shipped?

Personally I would suggest Mallory or Taylor wires over the FRPP. FRPP wires have had issues since day one (hit or miss) as far as breakdown after some time of use. This may not be the case anymore but I know alot of guys including myself that had limited use of FRPPs in the past.

I'm not flaming your post and hopefully you won't have the same problems that many have had in the PAST.