A bit off the suject but...Fiesta

• Sponsors (?)

he read this and thinks that know one would admit to wanting to own one because they would be emberessed. He's own like 4 of them and I think he refered to on of them as a soda can on wheels. One of them he he dual exhust w/o a cat, then two big Harley chrome pipes sticking out of the back, lol lol lol. One started on fire too. Oh my god, lol lol he popped the hood and was blowing on the motor as if it was gonna do something.

he read this and thinks that know one would admit to wanting to own one because they would be emberessed. He's own like 4 of them and I think he refered to on of them as a soda can on wheels. One of them he he dual exhust w/o a cat, then two big Harley chrome pipes sticking out of the back, lol lol lol. One started on fire too. Oh my god, lol lol he popped the hood and was blowing on the motor as if it was gonna do something. He swears by the car as kick ass car.

I supose if he bought a motorcycle he would show up on a vesba (sp) (those little italian scooters from the 60's) Have you taken your buddy in the 347 yet, maby you could change his mind about what a car is. I guess to each his own. I thought you were going to say something like he's going to put a big block in it or something, I have scene that before. I don't see how a Fiesta could be a kick ass car.

GREAT little cars for their time. Originally they came with the Pinto/Kent 1600 cc pushrod 4 banger that had a million high perf. parts for it - same engine raced in Formula Fords - SCCA. They had a bad case of torque steer in low gear - but with the body stiffened up, the right suspension, and some motor mods - they were an acceptable alternative to the Golfs/Rabbits of the day. I have some experience there.

Sadly, most of them rusted away before they ever made it to the crusher. Good luck finding a clean one - or even an unclean one. Here's one for sale - don't know how old the site is though.....looks like they'll give you the site too! http://home.san.rr.com/gilligan/ford/

TITAN STANG said:
Why don;t get a Geo Metro...? Sure sounds like sacrilege, btu if it's just economy he is looking for, Then those would be an awesome choice to have.
well duh! the Fiesta has the powerful 4 banger, while the Metro is severely lacking power since it only has 3 cylinder. :rlaugh:

Michael, i was never a big fan of the Fiesta, but loved the GTI's. nice balanced packages (and decently set-up, relatively speaking, from the factory).

MPM, how about doing the Omni (GLH) turbo or clone? or dump a 5.0 in the trunk of one of those rollerskates (you choose the flavor of rollerskate)? :)

back when we were in school in the late 80s a friend of mine and his cousin had 2 of them.one was gold and the other silver.they were given the names gold nugget and silver nugget.those old cars never broke down and we could ride all night long on 2 gallons of gas,which cost less than $2 then.i don't know if you'll find one now,but we had great memories in those old cars.