a/c compressor keeps kicking on/off continuously

yellowstang1994

Sep 9, 2004
Hi guys,

My a/c continuously cycles on and off. It wasn't coming on at all, but I filled it up with a can of freon, and thats what it's doing now. Last year I replaced the LPS and it worked great for some time. Is there an easy fix for this? I believe a year and a half ago I had the system evacuated and recharged.

I'm sorry for not using the search on this, i'm at work and i'm just hoping for a quick answer so I can see if I should take my car to the shop tonight. It's really hell in it right now, I just got my windows tinted and my A/C isn't working now. Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

I'd pick up a set of gauges and check to see where you stand on your charge. You can find them relatively cheap (like $36 at Pepboys), and they're invaluable when time comes to charge the system again.

thanks, i'll check that out. I forget which reading is correct, do you check it when the engine is off, or do you check it while the compressor is running? I always notice when you fill it up it reads 'HIGH' and when you close it back off it goes back to the normal range. If that's correct, then it says it was pretty full last time. It didn't seem to take too much more of the can.