A/c Help With Parts

ked263

Oct 7, 2012
hello, now I am working on my A/C system,
so far had to replace the evaporator , Accumulator hoses ,
and now need to replace the compressor also the condenser , so yea , I think thats mean everything ,

locally , the compressor w/clutch will cost 700$
and the condenser around 450$

so , again going to get my things online ,

I saw few of them online , some are universal some are direct fit , some are remanufactured,
and so ,I thought it would be better to see and ask which would be a better choice for performance of cooling my *** and for saving as much cash .

all kind of help accepted :D

thanks people .

• Sponsors (?)

I recently replaced my A/C system minus the condensor and used Four Seasons compressor, office tube and accumulator with no problems. It was considerably cheaper and the parts are working flawless.

PDM Designers

My AC system gave me fits for several years continuously. I ended up replacing (at different time mind you!) the condenser, the major hoses, all the seals which I could reasonably access the compressor clutch and finally the compressor.

Long story short, I dumped a bunch of money into the system and the compressor locked up shortly later (I paid attention to ensure the recommended amount of oil was added with each repair). I said screw it, I'll try a j-yard compressor... if it works, great. if not, F-it. Pulled a reasonably clean compressor from the j-yard... threw it in with some new oil, charged it up. So far, 2 years and 25k miles and it still blows cold (knocks on wood). I haven't even topped it off.

Anyway, you don't care about that, but I want to comment on OEM quality. With anything else, you don't know what you'll get, but a motorcraft part should provide a good service life (even if it is used). Also, when I replaced my condenser, I used a cheap (non-motorcraft) part. I could tell immediately it lost capacity. In extremely hot weather, it doesn't cool as well, and I know that's because the new condenser has less fins, less aluminum and generally doesn't provide as much heat transfer.