A/C Question

• Sponsors (?)

That is a spring lock coupler, you need spring lock tools to seperate the lines correctly. Places like autozone and other stores have sets of around 5 different size plastic ones for disconnecting a/c and fuel lines.
From that pic its looks like you really messed up the fitting at the accumulator and that ac line. If that is the case you will have to get new ones.

RedLine01 said:
Can someone tell me what type of fitting this is and how do I get the two pieces seperated?
Thanks
View attachment 513611

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: what did you do to that fitting. it's a spring lock fitting. you need a/c line removal tools too seperate them.

BTW you need a new accumulator now and the line running from the accumulator to the manifold line.

GTvert01 said:
lol, you're going to kick yourself when you see how easy they come apart with the right tools.

Ill tell you what, that was one of the "easy" things Ive done to the car. The new accumulator had a longer neck on the side going to the manifold, unlike the orginal utilizes a short piece between the two so I did not have to replace the hose line. Everything is back together and running good.
Thanks for all the replies