a few problems

blue87lx

Apr 23, 2005
i got a couple problems i cant figure out. my first problem is when i first start my car after it sits for a while i get a chirpign sound under the hood and i get it when i hit the gas till it warms up. im thinking its somthing with the altenatoer but thats brand new and i got a new belt too. my second problem is after i drive my car for a whiel and stop somwhere like wawa for example then go to start it again it will turn over real slow almost like its not gonna start. what do u guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

blue87lx said:
my second problem is after i drive my car for a whiel and stop somwhere like wawa for example then go to start it again it will turn over real slow almost like its not gonna start. what do u guys think?

That could be several things. I believe when the starter is hot it draws more amps to turn over and your starter might not be getting that. Could be bad connections, bad battery, or possibly a bad starter.

blue87lx said:
i got a couple problems i cant figure out. my first problem is when i first start my car after it sits for a while i get a chirpign sound under the hood and i get it when i hit the gas till it warms up. im thinking its somthing with the altenatoer but thats brand new and i got a new belt too. my second problem is after i drive my car for a whiel and stop somwhere like wawa for example then go to start it again it will turn over real slow almost like its not gonna start. what do u guys think?

Take your serpentine belt off and check your pullies. My idler pulley made that chirping noise until I got a new one from 50resto.com for $17, I put it on and the chirping went away. You'll be able to tell if the bearing is worn out when you spin the pulley.
Tim