A lil pic whoring of the Explorer motor teardown

This is where the EGR valve was bolted, could I not just put a 70 mm EGR spaceron it?
100_0812.jpg

100_0811.jpg

This is what I thought was the ACT in the #5 intake runner
100_0808.jpg

100_0809.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thats not in the 5th runner, its in the coolant passage... (Sry I forgot the name of the sensor, on the 'Stang i think its on the heater tubing) If you look cosely, there is a round flat spot, that's where the ACT goes, you have to drill and tap that flat round spot ont eh 5th intake runner.

You can use that EGR system if you want to use the explorers exhaust, or weld on a tube to your exhaust, but you have to find a way to adapt your wiring harness to control the explorer's EGR valve. But with no passages in the intake manifold for EGR, your 70mm EGR spacer wont do dick.

Ah screw it, I won't run EGR, I'll just get the little delete thing from fordfuelinjection.com that tells the computer it's working, It doesn't work anyway! Oh I see, Is that the ECT then? Should I just leave it in there unattached and use my stock ECT that is in the coolant line?

And for passing emissions, I'll use the guarenteed to pass stuff, that is if I don't pass with my stock H and smog pump.

K thanks, Slow95gt is coming up here tomorrow to pick up those heads, I can sell the shortblock and then have plenty of money to figure out the problem and install all my **** hopefully!

Your not using the heads on your car, or is he doing some work to them? BTW the little EGR delete thing from fordfuelinjection.com is just a resistor that you can buy for a dollar at radio shack, just make your own delete.

yea thats not the act in runner 5, and the intake probably dosent have the coolant passages, just look under the upper intake, their should be hole, a perfect circle in the middle, thats an egr passage in the explorer intake, if it has that its fine, if its dosent, no egr for you sir.

I gotta figure out what's wrong my system now, I am getting a code, I can't remember the number but it says an erratic or closed valve. Might just pick up a JY one and a 70mm spacer and be good to go. Oh and how do yall think painting the upper a semigloss black (ala trickflow black intake) but polish the intake plaque and have the polished TB and spacer along with a polished bbk cold air(coming with nitrous kit I am gunning for) I think the black with the polished peices will give it a nice contrast and look good, opinions?

I gotta figure out what's wrong my system now, I am getting a code, I can't remember the number but it says an erratic or closed valve. Might just pick up a JY one and a 70mm spacer and be good to go. Oh and how do yall think painting the upper a semigloss black (ala trickflow black intake) but polish the intake plaque and have the polished TB and spacer along with a polished bbk cold air(coming with nitrous kit I am gunning for) I think the black with the polished peices will give it a nice contrast and look good, opinions?

Guess it'll look like my engine then eh'? lol. I think it would look great like that, think about instead of painting all of that black, painting it the color of your car.

Is this what you plan to do?
pict0145yv3.jpg

Attachments

• pict0145yv3.jpg
    pict0145yv3.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 60
When did that happen? That looks sick and yes that is what I am going for. Unless I can find some rattle can(good quality though) paint that would be close to my color, I have a black semi gloss high temp paint(not that it really needs to withstand 400*) that I did the S/C with and I think it looks tight!

Alright, I got the heads off and the cylinder walls look good, I should get some good coin for this shortblock!! Now its time to clean a lil of the carbon build up and email the 2 prospective buyers the pics, I will post em here as well.