A little bummed out today

• Sponsors (?)

Shipping company is UPS Freight, which is a big name in the LTL world. I think that if the engine were crated and labed fragile, then it would be better taken care of. As big as UPS is, they dont want any more claims then the next company. Im glad I could help influence some changes Justin. Hopefully whatever decisions you guys make help keep future customers happy, and also cut down on your freight claims. No question about it guys, Im perfectly happy with how LRS has chosen to handle this.

Shipping company is UPS Freight, which is a big name in the LTL world. I think that if the engine were crated and labed fragile, then it would be better taken care of. As big as UPS is, they dont want any more claims then the next company. Im glad I could help influence some changes Justin. Hopefully whatever decisions you guys make help keep future customers happy, and also cut down on your freight claims. No question about it guys, Im perfectly happy with how LRS has chosen to handle this.

Thanks again Nick,

We have already put the new process into action. I'm glad we were able to get you taken care of quickly. I believe your new SB should be arriving to you today, please let me know how everything turns out.

The replacement order was received today, and was in perfect shape. I was glad to see the cardboard between the engine and the pallet, as well as between the engine and the straps. Thanks for handling my situation quickly and professionally LRS.

Here is a pic of the replacement order for all to see:

Newengine.jpg

Attachments

• Newengine.jpg
    Newengine.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 118
Yeah that engine block is just lying there out in the open begging for diaster and the cardboard on the bottom makes it slippery for the engine to move around and the metal straps to dig into the crankshaft bearing journals. There should be at least a 2x4 frame around the engine, then metal strap the wooden frame to the pallet.

The replacement order was received today, and was in perfect shape. I was glad to see the cardboard between the engine and the pallet, as well as between the engine and the straps. Thanks for handling my situation quickly and professionally LRS.

Glad everything got to you in good shape Nick. We have changed this packing method already as well. Our new method does cover the engine with a box and also uses more stabilized mounting points for the block itself.

We appreciate the support and kind words.

Yeah that engine block is just lying there out in the open begging for diaster and the cardboard on the bottom makes it slippery for the engine to move around and the metal straps to dig into the crankshaft bearing journals. There should be at least a 2x4 frame around the engine, then metal strap the wooden frame to the pallet.

Really?

Glad everything got to you in good shape Nick. We have changed this packing method already as well. Our new method does cover the engine with a box and also uses more stabilized mounting points for the block itself.

We appreciate the support and kind words.

Glad to hear you have decided to box it. I really think that will help your future customers feel more confident in its quality.