a little help please

bryan17

Dec 29, 2003
i have a 72 mach1 auto and i was wondering if a 70 mustang 351
2 barrel engine will fit in no trouble and if i would have to change anything over? and also what were the 70, 351 2 barrels engine specs stock? and reason of chaning the engine was the oreginal engine blew. any info would help me alot

thanks

bryan

• Sponsors (?)

i am assuming you mean a 351C, and yes it will fit no problem. as for changing things...that depends on what engine it has in it now...if its another cleveland, then it will go right in, if its a 6 popper, then it will take some work.

give us some more details

well the guy i bought it from said the engine that was in it blew so he put in a 302 engine so would that chaneg anything? and yes i was meaning the 351c and since it is a 72 mach one im guessing the engine that blew was a 351c.. but i could vbe wrong

bryan17 said:
well the guy i bought it from said the engine that was in it blew so he put in a 302 engine so would that chaneg anything? and yes i was meaning the 351c and since it is a 72 mach one im guessing the engine that blew was a 351c.. but i could vbe wrong

The 302 instead of a 351 chages a lot of things in terms of performance (depending on the setup). The 302 is a smaller displacement than the 351. It really depends on if you have a warmed up 302 will run better than a stock 73 351C motor. There is so many variables we can't really give you a good answer. We need to know:

the specs of the engines (your current on and the one you want to put in)
your drive train (i.e. is your car an auto c4, c6, aod, or a manual [3 speed or 5 speed])
your rear end gear ratio,
tires/rim sizes
your intended use for the car.