? about putting on my snow tires

05StangV6

Jun 11, 2007
Hello to all,

Can someone please help me out with this question

I live in Boston and with winter coming I want to take my chrome wheels off and put my factory wheels back on. :bang: Now I know that wheels have to get balanced and all that stuff which they already are. Do I have to put a wheel in a specific place ???? Or can I just throw and wheel on any rotor and it shouls it not matter ?? Thanks for everyone's help

• Sponsors (?)

You will need to look at the sidewall of the tire and place them on Left and Right according to the sidewall markers like this. That is really all there is to it. :nice:

DSC04022.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04022.jpg
    DSC04022.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 51
assuming that you have uni-directional snow tires. i have never had snow tires, but the ones i have seen did not appear to be uni-directional. check them out to be sure, they may not have those directional arrows.

That's what we are here for. Pleased we could assist ya'.

Good luck in the snow. I have no idea what I am going to do with the TransAm. Not sure 340 ftlbTQ will hook well in the snow. I have always drove in CA where snow just doesn't happen except in the mountains. lol

You don't need to rebalance the tires if they were on the rims last winter. It is a good idea to keep the driver side tires on the driver side and passenger side tires on the passenger side, as for front to back you should rotate your snows at the normal 6K mile mark just like your all seasons. I've had great success with this with all my customers with snow tires. :D