About To Pull The Trigger

CaptWoody

May 17, 2012
I've been a long-time fan of mustangs and have owned two in the past as well as a couple camaros and vettes. Now that I have kids, the vette is off the table. The camaro also has terrible visibility and feels a bit cheap. So, I decided to get a mustang and had been looking at the 2013 GT Coupes but last night I drove both a 12 and a 13 right after each other. Aside from cosmetics, I couldn't tell the difference. I'm hoping to hear back on the pricing today because I finished driving after they closed but wanted to ask here if there are any significant issues with the 2012 models. The car is a Brembo package manual 6-speed. I'm hoping to get it for invoice minus factory rebate of $3,750 and military discount of $500 so it will put me much lower than I could get the 13 for.

Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Never been a problem on any other car with painted lower valances, at least not for me.

Not saying the '10-'12 cars aren't badass too, but the one thing I never cared for was the black plastic.

Virtually every manufacturer does this early on--they leave the bottom cheap plastic for a few years, then they paint it in a mid-style refresh.

Never been a problem on any other car with painted lower valances, at least not for me.

Not saying the '10-'12 cars aren't badass too, but the one thing I never cared for was the black plastic.

Virtually every manufacturer does this early on--they leave the bottom cheap plastic for a few years, then they paint it in a mid-style refresh.

I dido, love the looks of the 13, but the 12 will be a rocking car too.

The point of a mustang was and still is to mod it yourself as it pleases you. make it as basic as possible and let the driver add the options they want. now those options are also endless outside the factory. you can make a stock 12 look better and sleeker than a 13. the only thing you cant cant unless someone makes it. the cool new LED tail lights.